Sister Networking Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister Networking Issues

My sister has been a pain on the LAN in the house, I been trying to get things going good but my sister causes so much networking problems and keeps fooling around with the modem and router.

So I was wondering because she keeps causing random network issues is that how I can I limit her PCs Bandwidth usage but still keep her connected to the internet, I want to lower her bandwidth because she keeps downloading, viewing internet pages, Torrenting, and Aiming, that the bandwidth is mostly going to her and she keeps getting so much viruses.

Any program or settings I can do to limit her useage?

Re: Sister Networking Issues

slap her in the face and say: "b1tch NO!!!" that'll solve ur problem

Comment

yeh corse I get in trouble with my mom but I will keep in mind, but yeh there any programs for LAN that I can set it up so I I can have more of the bandwidth usage instead of her?

Because the time that an average person recieves viruses on their computer in a year my sister can do it in a week.

Comment

depends on the router, for example cant remember model # but my wireless linksys router allows controlling bandwidth on specific ips. but view webpages and aim shouldnt eat up all your bandwidth its probably only the torrents.

btw whats your sisters aim name lol jk

Comment

I got a D-link router, wireless forgot which model though

Comment

Originally posted by FLIPINOMAD
            I got a D-link router, wireless forgot which model though
            just go through all the settings and see if theres anything in the dlink that will allow it, i cant help you because i dont own a dlink maybe some one here does.

Comment

whenever you want to download or game go into the router interface and disable her lan IP. you could also just close the ports her torrent programs, and p2p programs use. "temporarily" of course. I doubt your mom will know what happened and you were in the room the whole time.. what could you have done? :P you could leave her aim intact, it shouldn't bother you any

Comment

Here is a FREEWARE program that might do what you want

Download Bandwidth Manager and Firewall - Monitor network activity, manage bandwidth usage and protect your network against attacks by relying on this lightweight application

Comment

use a password for the LAN network and when she ask you about the password just say " What in the hell are you talking about "

Just use the link that is given above

Comment

Working...
                  X