Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing country, convert my pc?

Hello all,

First to let you know im talking about my BF2 system which is why it applies to this forum.

I plan on emigrating to the United States from the United Kingdom and taking my current desktop PC with me, I am trying to find out how I can convert it so I can use it in the US when i move so i dont need to buy another.

I was thinking would I just need to buy one of those power plug convertors they sell to tourists or would I have to take out my fan and replace it with a US version and would that work or would the difference in the different countries blow the whole system.

Any instuctions or help anyone can provide would be great as i cant find a thing about this.

Re: Changing country, convert my pc?

Just buy a United States 120 Volt Power Pack, a good Antec 480 watt from Newegg.com will be one example.

Some PC's have a selector switch in the back of the powerpack for 110-220 volts.

Dont bother with those crappy travel kits.

Welcome to the USA.

One other thing, once you settle down here in the USA and set up your PC, you might need to go into windows and change the CD ROM/DVD ROM drive's country setting from the UK to USA. Be careful as I think there is a limitation as to how many times you can run foreign software before it becomes pernament.

Comment

So I will have to do the same when I go from Europe to Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER

yes i believe so but you will need the australian counter part (sry i dont know what it is). btw welcome to the U.S

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
          AUS OWNES

Comment

Thanks so much for the information, its been the hardest thing to find out so far when it comes to moving but it should have been the easiest because its so simple compared to everything else to do with emigration.

Once again thanks for the info (at least i know now i dont need to buy a whole new PC because of moving country).

Comment

Working...
            X