Wireless internet connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless internet connection problem

Ok, so, I just got a new computer and it is in my room not near the router. So, I am using my wireless gaming adapter I use for my ps2 to give my computer internet. When I play Bf2, every couple of seconds it says "there is something wrong with your connection". Then it goes away and its good. I was thinking because my router is only wireless b that it isnt fast enough? If that is it, all I have to do is pick up a wireless g router because the game adapter is g. Any help?

Re: Wireless internet connection problem

Moved to tech center

Comment

I had the same problem with wireless gaming every couple of seconds this message pops up. connecting with a cable will surely eliminate ur problem not sure about changing the adapter though.

Comment

That stinks, if upgrading to wireless g doesnt work, I'll have to run a wire through my whole house...

Comment

in theory is shoulnt be down to the spec of yout wiffey adaptor, the b standard can cope with at least 11 megabits per second, and your internet feed is piped through that bandwidth, so unless your internet speed is near to or greater than 11mbits {advertised at 22 but lot of overhead} downstream that wont be a problem. or unless you are invoking a lot of file transferring, lan bandwidth use during bf2 gameplay which combined with a fast internet connection and heavy utilization of lan activity culminating in maxing out the 11 mbits rate then maybe. but i doubt u r engaging in said lan activity during bf2.

i have a flaky old wi-fi rig, b standard and get pings of 11-18 in my native uk. and i dont have any connection issues other than in-game glitches which most will experience, i have found using 128 bit wep encryption quicker and more stable for bf2 than my previously used wpa-aes, a more secure encyption. so i dropped it down to 128 bit hexadecimal 0-9 digit range. {26 digits}

theres so many things, try changing your wifi stick/and senders channel, usually defaulting to 11, i use 5 as not many ppl use or change that.

also consider changing your pb scan frequency from its default sleep setting, i have had joy with that figure going upto its maximum allowed 500 milliseconds, do a search for punk buster sleep settings and follow instructions. this slows down how often pb scans your hd in-game and isnt a hack.....theres so much to tweak and optimize, i have been tweaking this gaming system a year now and am constantly optimizing it and learning of beneficial tips and ghosting backups and moving onto a new one....all good fun

HTH

adam

Comment

alright, thanks ill have to try some of that. I've heard a lot of people say to use the 128 bit instead of the wpa. Im using wpa right now so ill try to change it

Comment

I use wireless, as long as your signal is Very Good-Excellent...no problems.

It sounds like your router is continuously providing an IP addy for your comp, changing it every few minutes.

This happened to me many times until I had a friend give me a static IP for the comp using the wireless card.

Don't know exactly what he did(I'm horrible with connection stuff), but it is something simple.

Comment

Well, I installed the latest patch and all seems to be working good now

Comment

wireless connections are very prone to these random short conection hiccups.
                  try increase the server DHCP time so that it issues a new ip in a longer time. or move the router or your pc close to each other for better signal strength.

or to eliminate the problem totally, use a RJ-45 cable and connect your pc to the router. confirm + warranty + guarantee will work.

Comment

Working...
                  X