is this a good HDD? quick its only a 2 day sale lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a good HDD? quick its only a 2 day sale lol

well the specs look good but I dunt know alot about HDs so Im wondering if itll work with my mobo, i know that the higher the RPM and cache is the faster it is, my friend told me all HDDs work with all mobos so can anyone tell me something about this

my mobo is ASUS A8N SLI deluxe
    and this is the HDD that I want to buy

Buy Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 1.5Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Re: is this a good HDD? quick its only a 2 day sale lol

ppl here swear by the Raptors.

Comment

Great HDD, go for it man. 16mb cache on top of 10k RPM is some serious beast most

Comment

Seems a little expensive to me..

Comment

not bad, if all you want is the speed, but if you want storage, an under 200, a 400GB one is available with the 16MB cache but 7200RPM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Subcategory=14

Comment

You can read stuff off your hard drive faster but it's not really noticeable in games. No significant performance increase is the line that has been given to the 10k RPM drives.
            Personally, I have recently started using an external HD for storage. I have 2 80GB Samsung Spinpoint HD's for gaming, everything else goes on the external.
            /shrugs

Comment

Yes the 150 gig 10K RPM raptor is good, but many people say that the seagate barracuda 320 gig 7200 RPM is just as fast since it has perpendicular recording technology....it'll save you quite a bit of money, and it's a little more than double the size of the raptor...

Comment

Yes, those new Seagate drives with PRT give raptor drives a good run for their money, as well as punting Maxtor Diamondmax 10-11 drives (which are very solid, and similarly challenged Raptors when they first came out) all over the charts.

Comment

I have that hard drive and I can say it is good, and supprisingly quiet. In the game you wont see much better performance. Loading times are far quicker though.

Comment

Simply put, yes it is good. Expensive yes, but very good quality and it is fast, but barely noticible in games.

Comment

Before you go and WASTE that much money on an HD...consider what kind of video card you have first.

All this HD is going to do for you is get you in the game a few seconds faster...that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by abtomat74
                        Before you go and WASTE that much money on an HD...consider what kind of video card you have first.

All this HD is going to do for you is get you in the game a few seconds faster...that's it!
                        Yep, that's the drive for me! LOL.

Show up at the spawn everything already taken and bases took, well.. your wasting time loading and verifying abtomat74.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                          Yep, that's the drive for me! LOL.

Show up at the spawn everything already taken and bases took, well.. your wasting time loading and verifying abtomat74.
                          I'm always one of the first 5 in the game using a 80gig 7200rpm SATA1...@ATA133! My drive cost $52.

No time wasted on my side pal!

Comment

its a fantastic drive. and its a good time to buy it now that its on sale.

Comment

Working...
                            X