computer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer help

hello. ive had to mod my computer so much casue it was a sony vaio. i went fomr .5 gb to 1.5 and fomr a Nvidia 5200 to a 6600. with all of the upgrades i ran out of power in my power supply. but a normal power supply cant fit into my computer (size wise). the only other way is to get a new power supply and have it hanging out of the computer. that risks fire and other damage. i allredy tryed a realy small power supply and it worked but it dident have a port for the speekers. so i can eather do the thing i was saying about haveing the supply hanging out or i can get a new computer. but i dont know what a good comp is. i need it to be anyware around 1,000 dollors. but under would be nice. im looking for a comp that has 2 gigs of RAM, any Nvidia card between a 6600 and a 7600. i need a good mother board and just a allaround good comp that can run bf2 no lag on medium to high. it just cant be too expencive. my dad also doesent want me to go to alien ware. any help would be very nice.

Re: computer help

Switch from the nVidia power hungry POS and get an ATi. I have a VAIO in the other room with only a 300w PSU and it has everything you mentioned but with an X800XTPE.

Comment

iBUYPOWER is your one-stop shop for gaming PCs, laptops, gear, and accessories.

Just build one on here, and change the video card to a 7600gt and 2 gigs ram, then you should be ok.

Comment

actually im gonig to do the thing with the power supply hanging out thx though

Comment

How about a new case?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowControl
            How about a new case?
            :smacks self on forehead:

Yeah. How about? You can get an antec sonata II for less than a hundred bucks, and move everything over to that very fine piece of hardware, with a (edit good quality, quiet) 450W standard PSU built in. Only thing I'd suggest is getting a Vantec Stealth 120mm fan for the front. Other than that, it'd be an easy transplant as long as sony uses a standard MOBO.

Comment

Working...
            X