quick cpu/motherboard question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick cpu/motherboard question

the CPU type for my motherboard is anthlon 64 and anthlon FX. but If i wanted to get a anthlon 64 X2 socket 939(same socket as my motherboard) would it work?

Re: quick cpu/motherboard question

You need to check the website of the mobo maker to see if it supports duel cores. It probably will, what mobo is it?

Comment

it is the K8n Neo4 nforce 4

EDIT MSI

Comment

Sorry looks like the K8Ns are only single core only. So AMD 64s and 64FX.

Comment

danm that sucks, but is there much of a diffrence between dual core and single core

Comment

Originally posted by BooM
            danm that sucks, but is there much of a diffrence between dual core and single core
            Well for BF2 not at all. What it does is let you run any app you like and still surf or anything else you want to do with out anything slowing down. You can run a virus scan and to anything else you want and you won't even notice the scanner.

Comment

In dual core, you could run messenger and do some cpu intensive programs and run BF2 and be fine. 2 screens would really help that though.

Comment

With AM2, DDR2 and 16xSLi/Quad SLi now out, I'd wait a year and see what happens. As for BF2, single cores are fine and you have a very nice mobo. I'm running messagers, TS and CC off a single core (A64 3200+) and its fine.

Comment

aaaaaaa ok thnks much

Comment

Working...
                  X