When will DX10 release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will DX10 release?

I know this has probly been asked to death, but is there an exact date or approx? same for Vista when will all of this release? I was going to upgrade but I wanted to wait for DX10 but it seems to be taking forever.

Re: When will DX10 release?

Try this on for size, DX10 will come out when Vista comes out, and Vista will come out when DX10 comes out. Can't have one without the other, or did you miss the part about DX10 being Vista only.

Comment

there are card that say that they are DX10 ready but they are DX9

Comment

There are no current DX10 cards. You might be confuse with the so called Vista Ready VGA. But no graphic card in the open market at this moment supports DX10. It is suppose that the Nvidia G80 GPU will be DX10 but is nothing official that i heard of.

And to the guy that said can't have one with out the other wrong buddy. AMD had a 64bit CPU before there was a commercial 64bit OS. Yes there was Linux but that's does not really count.

Comment

haha, im also waiting badly for dx10. its really taking very long.

Comment

Vista is being released in January 2007, so DX10 games will come with that. DX10 cards should be coming out Q3 or Q4 this year, but obviosly not too soon or else we would have heard some concrete details by now. As far as I know, the only game said to use DX10 so far is Crysis, which was delayed to release at the same time as vista.

Comment

Originally posted by knghtwhosaysni
              Vista is being released in January 2007, so DX10 games will come with that. DX10 cards should be coming out Q3 or Q4 this year, but obviosly not too soon or else we would have heard some concrete details by now. As far as I know, the only game said to use DX10 so far is Crysis, which was delayed to release at the same time as vista.
              If that game plays like on the video i saw, mmmm DX10 here i come, it will be sweet indeed. But most likely it will be a while for programers to get good at making games look and perform their best in DX10.

Comment

Originally posted by papi4baby
                And to the guy that said can't have one with out the other wrong buddy. AMD had a 64bit CPU before there was a commercial 64bit OS. Yes there was Linux but that's does not really count.
                That may be, but seeing as DX10 will only be for Vista......

Comment

Man whats all this hubub about DX10? Its proported NOT to give us a huge increase in graphical eye candy but instead be more about efficiency. Even if DX10 came out tommorow as well as the cards, it would still be a while till games came out that utilised the technology to its fullest. We're only just now seeing DX9c games as they should be.

Comment

Alas, it WILL give a huge increase in graphical eye candy. Look up Crysis on IGN/GameSpot/1UP/etc.

G80 (GeForce 8) in Sept/Oct. R600 in Dec.

Or so they say.

Comment

November Dx10 should be out...cards will be out little bit before that.

Comment

DX10 has to come out during, or after, Vista's launch. And that's not until probably the end of March 2007.

The first DX10 cards, GeForce 8 (G80), will be out Sept/Oct. ATi's R600 will be out in Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
                          Man whats all this hubub about DX10? Its proported NOT to give us a huge increase in graphical eye candy but instead be more about efficiency.
                          The performance increase is meant to be quite alot!

For those who dont want to buy a DX10 card, DirectX 9L will be released for Vista compatability. Of course you wont see the same performance or eye candy like pixel shader 4.0 (DROOL)

Comment

I suppose PS3 cant handle DX10, that wont be good news for sony fanboys heh...

Frankly though, I wonder how many people will continue spending thousands for games like crysis.... might as well just watch a pre rendered cutscene, as the gameplays probably better ...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanker
                              The first DX10 cards, GeForce 8 (G80), will be out Sept/Oct. ATi's R600 will be out in Dec.
                              woah, where did you get that news, any source? comeon post it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X