Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing problem/PunkBuster error

Hi guys, straight to the two main points:

(1) Had a second HDD which I had tried to use as my main one, only the system kept crashing so I am now using it as a secondary drive. No crashes yet - fingers crossed for stability! Can sort of play BF2 on the PC, only an error comes up about 3 minutes into any online game: I get kicked by PunkBuster for "Corrupted File/Memory". Not sure what they're on about - any ideas?

The second issue is hypothetical to some degree:

(2) I was thinking of reformatting the secondary drive (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 I think, 250gb in size) as it already has, for example, Win XP Pro and other crap on there. Only issue here is this: How do I patch BF2 on that drive, instead of the primary SATA master? Because obviously, I want to patch it on the secondary SATA master? I ask this because there is no prompt as to which directory you installed BF2 into.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm finally getting towards a playable game of BF2 for the first time it what feels like years, and I get this new problem. Argh.

Re: Crashing problem/PunkBuster error

Hey! You can change the path in your registry...

Look in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2 And look for : InstallDir and change the drive letter.

Go to start - run - type regedit - hit enter to launch reg editor.

Comment

Re: Crashing problem/PunkBuster error

Umm.. Thanks, but that's not gonna help me buddy! I've got two drives: "C:\" - on which BF2 won't install or work - and "F:\" - the one on which BF2 is installed.. but only works in multiplayer for 4 minutes before disconnecting me and saying that the reason is "Corrupted File/Memory".

What I want to know is this:

If I reinstall BF2 to the "F:\" drive, how do I patch this version to 1.3?

Um, okay, this is annoying the crap outta me. I can't even get to EA's customer service. It says "Select the product and platform" and "The area you want help with", right? Well, I select both and it keeps prompting me to choose the product and problem! On top of taking about 5 minutes to load on a 10mb/s connection, this is ****e. Can anyone either post a ticket to EA for me, or help me figure out a solution? Please?

Comment

Working...
      X