Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bought bf2....my computer doesnt handle it...help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought bf2....my computer doesnt handle it...help!!

ok well i bought bf2 for my computer....and ends up not even running...i installed it and everything and came to the conclusion that my computer well, just cant handle it....come to find out my computer is way out of date...intel pentium 4 1.4 ghz!....my first question is wut is better?....intel p 4, or amd athlon 64 processors....how much ram would i need?....graphics card?....help please

Re: bought bf2....my computer doesnt handle it...help!!

List the specs of your computer, much more info needed other than a p4 1.4ghz .

Comment

Yea, List the specs of your PC so we can detemine what you need to Upgrade.

Comment

Can get a good gaming pc with p4 2.4ghz, 1gb of DDR400 dual channel ram, 400watt PSU, micro atx mobo (random name brand), and a new video card to run BF2 for all about $350-400 (case included) from www.newegg.com. You'll have to build it yourself though... Which isn't too hard.

No, I don't work for Newegg. I just shop there. ;P

If you're too lazy to build a PC, you can spend a bit more on a ****ty Dell that comes with a good monitor. Lol.

Comment

Here is the minimum you would want. I'm guessing youre not a hardware geek like some on the forums so I won't go overboard:
          Ram - at least 1GB
          HDD - doesnt overly matter, just make sure its 7200RPM 8MB cache at least.
          Graphics card - 6600GT or better
          CPU - P4 2GHz or AMD 2400+ or better.

Some will say you need the latest and greatest CPU, dont listen to them, spend the bulk of your budget on a graphics card first.

Comment

Originally posted by Psy
            you can spend a bit more on a ****ty Dell that comes with a good monitor. Lol.
            hahahaha thats so true

Comment

Moving to Tech Center as there really is no problem with the game...

The big thing is know what graphics card you have.

You'll probably want to upgrade your entire machine...just try and hit the recommended specs on the box.

Personally, I recommend an Athlon 64 3000+ CPU or greater, a 6600GT or 7600GT or greater, 1.5 GB of RAM or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                The big thing is know what graphics card you have.
                Best guess is that current specs pro'ly don't matter much. That 1.4ghz is probably tied to integrated graphics, or (at best) a geforce 4 series.

If you don't want to build it, then buy this refurbished hp: (edit: oops, it's not a refurb, it's brand new):
                This website is for sale! ecost.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ecost.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

and drop this card into it:
                Buy EVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card 256-P2-N554-AX with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Bam: BF2 on high with a decent res. for $650. When you feel like dropping another $250, then buy another gig of ram, and wait for a deal on a 7900 series. Prices should come down into the mid-high $100s by this time next year.

Gaming on a budget isn't all that bad.

Comment

250 for one gig of ram? I think not.

My ram costs just 106 dollars for one gig

Buy HyperX 1GB DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory Model KHX3200A/1G with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

It WAS 250+ for one gig new 2 years ago. =(

Comment

With a ·$49 graphics card like ati radeon 9600 and a 512mb stick for $40 and a new processor of your choice "amd athlon +3000 64 or Intel 2.4ghz" you are set.

Comment

Originally posted by simio1337
                      With a ·$49 graphics card like ati radeon 9600 and a 512mb stick for $40 and a new processor of your choice "amd athlon +3000 64 or Intel 2.4ghz" you are set.
                      Until the next generation of games comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekro
                        Until the next generation of games comes out.
                        Which would be next year 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                          250 for one gig of ram? I think not.

My ram costs just 106 dollars for one gig

Buy HyperX 1GB DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory Model KHX3200A/1G with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

It WAS 250+ for one gig new 2 years ago. =(
                          Speaky Engrish rangedge Heavy?

I said $250 on another gig of memory AND a 7900 series gpu...several months down the road.

Comment

well i forgot to leave u the spec on graphics card
                            its a 9250 ati radeon 128mb
                            yeh pretty ****ty i kno lol

Comment

Working...
                            X