In Search Of Gaming Laptop For Bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Search Of Gaming Laptop For Bf2

I'm just needing something to get me good graphics for BF2, my spending limit is about $500. Now I know I can get something by Fry's electronics or TigerDirect and ebay. I wouldnt know the first thing to look for though, point me out some good ones?

Re: In Search Of Gaming Laptop For Bf2

Originally posted by tymbalynd
    I'm just needing something to get me good graphics for BF2, my spending limit is about $500. Now I know I can get something by Fry's electronics or TigerDirect and ebay. I wouldnt know the first thing to look for though, point me out some good ones?
    Your not going to get anything close to a gaming capable laptop for $500. Especially from a non-internet store, i.e. Fry's. Id check on ibuypower.com for cheap gaming laptops, but the cheapest ones going to be $900. I think ur out of luck.

Comment

Moved to Tech Center

Comment

You wont even get BF2 running on a $500 laptop, let alone with "good graphics". Even $900 isnt going to get you anything that good. Buy a decent second hand gaming desktop pc and a pen and paper instead.

Comment

BF2 kills laptops - tried a bunch at work.
          Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish[DW]
            BF2 kills laptops - tried a bunch at work.
            Too bad.
            Not all laptops. If you want to drop at least $1500 you can get something that will play it admirably. Then again said device will weigh 20 pounds, have a battery life of 8 and a half minutes, and be about as warm as Chernobyl, making it a "laptop" in name only.

Comment

you could go for one of those hp dv8000 laptops, from www.hpshopping.com, check out the one with the nVidia 7400 vid card, thatll run on medium graphics at least, but itll be about 1500 not 500 $$

Comment

i gotta v5101us from compaq, but it sux

Comment

My mate uses a work laptop, with 2 gig o ram and a ATI X1300X gpu. Very high end laptop. He plays bf2 on high settings with it. I don't think he gets a lot of work done on it. I suspect you will have to pay quite a bit for a good lappie

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
                    My mate uses a work laptop, with 2 gig o ram and a ATI X1300X gpu. Very high end laptop. He plays bf2 on high settings with it. I don't think he gets a lot of work done on it. I suspect you will have to pay quite a bit for a good lappie
                    I don't believe you. The X1300 is a budget level and crap GPU and I would doubt it would run everything at 1280 x 1024 on medium properly. Thats not a high end laptop for gaming. Its an average laptop with an overkill amount of RAM in it with graphics only a peg above integrated graphics.

Comment

Working...
                    X