Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im not trying to whine...just want an answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im not trying to whine...just want an answer!

i recently bought a radeon 9250 because i read that this game will support all graphic cards radeon 8500 and up. yet my radeon 9250 will not run the game. if there is any reason that this is fixable or maybe something that i did wrong in the setup, but it gets to the part about "welcome to your duty" and then it goes to hell. it freezes up and what really ticks me off is that i had this game for almost 2 months saving for a graphic card...i buy it...and it dont work, im not trying to be mean or anything like that, but i would surely appreciate it if i could get some feedback on this.

thanks all sincerley (read below) hehe

Re: im not trying to wine...just want an answer!

Sorry to say this but that is one of the worst cards that you can actually play with. Dont take it personally, i played with a 9200 the first month. What you need to do is switch the Anti-Aliasing in your video card settings from 4x to 2x. It should then work. Make sure you have the latest catalyst version too.

Comment

the old 9250 are not supported by bf2. get the 9550 and above.

Comment

oh ok thanks for letting me know
        sniper gilly out

Comment

Check out this tweak guide for ur ATI card.

Comment

oh and how exactley do you do that 4x to 2x im not exactly the greatest with cpu's lol anyway thanks

thanks tbs

Comment

Originally posted by snipergilly
              oh and how exactley do you do that 4x to 2x im not exactly the greatest with cpu's lol anyway thanks

thanks tbs
              if u read that tweak guide it will guide u through all the stuff u need.

Comment

He probably only has a PCI slot, like me.

RETURN THAT CARD and get this:
                Buy 3D Fuzion GeForce 6200 128MB DDR PCI Video Card 3DFR6200P with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

This runs the game at medium low with some stuttering (1 GB RAM) and is PCI slot. It's the second best PCI card (Best is this card with 256MB of RAM, and that's $150. You won't get much of a performance difference). It's much better than 9250 (by miles and miles)

Comment

Originally posted by venny
                  the old 9250 are not supported by bf2. get the 9550 and above.
                  Actually, if I were you I would save myself ALLOT of headaches and get a 9800 PRO, for me it ran BF2 very nicely. If you have a PCI-E slot then really bite the bullet, save your pannies and get a 6800GT or a 7900GT. You will be very glad that you did

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
                    Actually, if I were you I would save myself ALLOT of headaches and get a 9800 PRO, for me it ran BF2 very nicely. If you have a PCI-E slot then really bite the bullet, save your pannies and get a 6800GT or a 7900GT. You will be very glad that you did
                    Just to let you know, not much people have that kind of money lying around to spend on graphics card. Back on topic, as mentioned, anything above a 9550 will run fine, provided you don't mind low settings.

Comment

Originally posted by kaheiyeh
                      Just to let you know, not much people have that kind of money lying around to spend on graphics card. Back on topic, as mentioned, anything above a 9550 will run fine, provided you don't mind low settings.
                      Well for me personally (because I also don't have that much money lying around either) It's worth it. Think about it. All the money you spend getting cheapy cards that *just* make it, only to by another one and another one. By the time you've bought your second or third vid card, you've spent as much money as a high end card. I fell into this trap when I first began playing the upgrade game, now I save my money, get medium to high end stuff and it carries me over nicely till the next upgrade 2 or 3 years down the road. Hell, have a look at my system, it's nice but it's not the greatest. I say save up (it took me a year) and then get the best stuff you can so you're not having so many problems.

Comment

Re: im not trying to whine...just want an answer!

alright, thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Sacramento
                          What you need to do is switch the Anti-Aliasing in your video card settings from 4x to 2x.
                          Why run AA at all? Running AA only lowers FPS. Switch AA off to get the best performance from the card.

Comment

Working...
                          X