Spec to run HIGH????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec to run HIGH????????????

Hey all My friend want know what spec can he run bf2 on med spec and what on high spec and please price it for the spec my need to get thanks ps...he gonna build a new pc...

Re: Spec to run HIGH????????????

i cant tell you what you need, but i can tell you what i have and i can run on all high settings w/ everything max.amd x2 4200, 2gb corsair xms, 74gb wd rapor, and evga 7900gt ko. but i bet you can get other things that are cheaper and still run everything maxed out.

edit* if your friend plans on building a new pc and IF he's gonna go w/ amd their planning on big price cuts to their 64 and 64 x2 line both 939 and am2. tell him to wait and purchase @ end of this month.

Comment

too many combinations that could do what your asking you'd need to be more specific. brand name specific? budget?

Comment

No, we can answer his question:

ANY Athlon64 CPU, ANY Intel Conroe, P4's over 3.0ghz
        2048mb ram
        x800pro+/6800gt+

That is good for 1024x768, 6xAA, all settings maxed/HIGH. As you increase video cards, you can safely increase the resolutions higher. But at 1024, 6xAA it plays perfectly with a little room to spare.

You could replicate a system like that now for around $4-600 on the low end. A few hundred more for the newer CPU's/GPU's.

Comment

Yep, I'd say an A64 3ooo+, 6800gt/gs and 2GB of ram, I would advise him to get a 7600 though.

Comment

indeed at least a 7600gt with 2 gigs of ram. a64 3500's are around 88 dollars right now. or you could wait for the x2 3800 price drop. going from 300 down to 170 at the end of the month. that should put you on high on a 1280 res. You might have to play with antialiasing however but definately be good for high.

and tell him not to skimp on a psu....

Comment

i have a 6800xt and 1.5 gigs of ram and i can play bf2 on all high with no aa and no lag. well, on a full 64 player warlord i start getting lag, but everywhere and anytime else, its perfect

Comment

the key here is when building a new system now....is to think about games coming out, sure you could get a 6800xt now and play on high with no aa but what happens when 2142, Quake wars comes out. You'll prolly be running on medium after you just built your new rig. the 7600gt is considered a mid range card. If your a gamer building a gaming rig right now, it should be AT LEAST a 7600gt, 170 dollars for it's performance is unmatched by any card.

Comment

Originally posted by abtomat74
                  No, we can answer his question:

ANY Athlon64 CPU, ANY Intel Conroe, P4's over 3.0ghz
                  2048mb ram
                  x800pro+/6800gt+

That is good for 1024x768, 6xAA, all settings maxed/HIGH. As you increase video cards, you can safely increase the resolutions higher. But at 1024, 6xAA it plays perfectly with a little room to spare.

You could replicate a system like that now for around $4-600 on the low end. A few hundred more for the newer CPU's/GPU's.

One gig will do fine too, unless you run a bunch of shiza in ze backround.

Comment

One gig is not enough, it will give you stutter, I had 1.5, and still wasn't content, so I upped to 2 and it was finally smooth, even at the start of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. BOBSONATOR025

One gig will do fine too, unless you run a bunch of shiza in ze backround.
                      Not with maximum antialiasing it won't. 4x and 6x is max for nVidia and ATI respectively(not counting the new super modes).
                      You'd be surprised how many 2 gig naysayers don't us any AA, or simply use 2x. Well, that explains it.

I too went from 1 gig to 2 gigs, leaving every other piece of hardware alone. The difference was not standing still for the first 20 seconds you spawn initially, as well as not having to load the other half of the map you didn't spawn on.

I stand 100% behind my specs I listed as the MINIMUM someone needs to run BF2 all HIGH, max AA/AF, etc etc etc. Not a mix of settings, ALL HIGH/MAX.

p.s. I am "background-process retentive"...21 on startup including the task manager itself. Fresh WindowsXP is 14-15

Comment

Working...
                      X