WD Raptor or WD Caviar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WD Raptor or WD Caviar

I need help deciding between these two hard drives.

WD Raptor SATA 150

WD Caviar SATA 3.0Gb/s

Which will be the better performer? Thank you in advance.

Re: WD Raptor or WD Caviar

Depends on your motherboard.

I really dont see any way of moving much more than 150.

Hell even with my SATA Maxtor's in RAID I can get maybe 130 mb/sec at times and those are supposed to be 150's

Comment

very obviously the raptor will outperform the cavier. its the 10k rpm. definitely faster than the cavier. only the raptor is more expensive.

Comment

raptor handsdown unless you setup raid 0 which isnt worth it imo. the 3.0gbs is a marketing gimmik, find me a review showing 3.0gbs and ill forever hold my peace.

Comment

Originally posted by venny
          very obviously the raptor will outperform the cavier. its the 10k rpm. definitely faster than the cavier. only the raptor is more expensive.
          yes but it won't really be a great difference in gameplay. plus this thing will burn out much faster than a 7200.

start/stop cycles is like 20k vs 50k on the 7200.

i faced the same issue on deciding on new hd, went with the seagate version of caviar though. same specs though.

mator has a 15k rpm hd out lol. invest in that one if you think its all about rpms

Comment

The Raptors are fantastic, if you can keep them cool enough and can put up with the noise. My mate had two of them in his PC and when the HDD's were working hard it sounded like a plane taking off!

Comment

Raptor.

Comment

Working...
              X