my weekend disaster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my weekend disaster.

WEll this friday I was just finishing up on the sir mod, and when I was getting up from my comp to go to bed I knocked a cup of water of my table and it went directly in my blowhole I jumped up and instantly turned off the comp from the back, and proceeded to dry out all the parts that got affected(x800xl SOAKED, 1 gb ram soaked, and my hd)
    And after panicking for two days that my comp was screwed I decided to fire it up on onboard video with 512 ram, the comp booted up like normal ahh such a relief. anyways on to the x800xl, it didnt fair to well, artifacts all the time, and then outta nowhere the display came back. I geuss im just really happy that my com p survived lol.
    This isnt the first time something bad has happened to this comp either, i hd it on my table for cleaning and I geuss it had a date with the floor, case mangled, Pc boots up fine lol.
    any one else have ne Pc disasters theyed like to talk about?

Re: my weekend disaster.

My little brother was having computer trouble. Graphics card died, onboard was video out put was also giving problems.

There was so much doghair in the computer that the side case fan wasn't turning. The interior of the case looked like it was done in shag carpeting. I started using an air can on it and the hair didn't really go anywhere--the "crew-cut" just got a little more David Hasselhoff-ish after I'd windswept it. So, I started pulling it out...and it all came mostly at once, like cleaning lint out of drier. The guts (p4 2.4, 768mb ram, PSU, mobo, HD's and optis) are still ok, but the 9800pro was non-resurrectable.

Computers are getting to be remarkably resilient. I'm convinced that they are getting stupid-proof, and now the only reason to buy a new pc is because of ego (burned up the processor trying to o'c it to 7.0ghz) or ego (HAR, my display says I have 5fps more than YOU!!!).

Comment

Re: my weekend disaster.

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
      My little brother was having computer trouble. Graphics card died, onboard was video out put was also giving problems.

There was so much doghair in the computer that the side case fan wasn't turning. The interior of the case looked like it was done in shag carpeting. I started using an air can on it and the hair didn't really go anywhere--the "crew-cut" just got a little more David Hasselhoff-ish after I'd windswept it. So, I started pulling it out...and it all came mostly at once, like cleaning lint out of drier. The guts (p4 2.4, 768mb ram, PSU, mobo, HD's and optis) are still ok, but the 9800pro was non-resurrectable.

Computers are getting to be remarkably resilient. I'm convinced that they are getting stupid-proof, and now the only reason to buy a new pc is because of ego (burned up the processor trying to o'c it to 7.0ghz) or ego (HAR, my display says I have 5fps more than YOU!!!).
      oc to 7ghz? no wonder it burned. i heard of 5.06ghz on a conroe with LNg at -200 C

Comment

Working...
      X