Video Card Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video Card Question

Ive had both the 9800pro and the 6600gt and the 6600 is definitely better, not by too much though. For 50bucks I doubt the 7300gs is better than the 6600gt.

Comment

Originally posted by SMeeD
      Ive had both the 9800pro and the 6600gt and the 6600 is definitely better, not by too much though. For 50bucks I doubt the 7300gs is better than the 6600gt.
      I've had both also and I'm saying the 9800 pro is better. I have benchmarks showing it being slightly behind to equal to a 6600 GT in some cases.

Here is some more info I found showing the 9800 pro to be better than a vanilla 6600 in resolutions 1024x768 and up.

3Dmark and Auquamark:

Comment

Newer games will put the 6600 ahead of the 9800, older games like the 9800 better. 2004 was the year for the 9800 series so, far cry, doom3, HL2, etc. will show very close scores. But newer games such as fear, cod2, oblivion, GRAW will run much better on the 6600.

Comment

Originally posted by SFR-MAINE
          Newer games will put the 6600 ahead of the 9800, older games like the 9800 better. 2004 was the year for the 9800 series so, far cry, doom3, HL2, etc. will show very close scores. But newer games such as fear, cod2, oblivion, GRAW will run much better on the 6600.
          I would say the new games run like crap on both of those cards. Who would play Oblivion on a 6600?

I post benchmarks and all I see are a bunch of guys saying the 6600 is better with no supportive evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
            I would say the new games run like crap on both of those cards. Who would play Oblivion on a 6600?
            Well before I upgraded to SLI I use to run on a 6600GT and it ran good on oblivion... I don't play it anymore cause the game got boring quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by SFR-MAINE
              Well before I upgraded to SLI I use to run on a 6600GT and it ran good on oblivion... I don't play it anymore cause the game got boring quickly.
              We're not talking about the GT though. People are saying a vanilla 6600 is better than a 9800 pro when it's clearly not.

Comment

Ive got a 9700 in my laptop and had a 6200 in the desktop a while back...the 9700 was just a bit better so im assuming a 9800 pro would deffo be your best bet over a 6200.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
                  We're not talking about the GT though. People are saying a vanilla 6600 is better than a 9800 pro when it's clearly not.
                  I think it is in newer games.

Comment

jus scrounge up more money and get a 7600gt. im very sure that would work even better.

Comment

Working...
                    X