91.31 Driver problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91.31 Driver problem

Every time I start up my pc since I installed the new drivers, a message appears on the taskbar saying sli has been disabled, obvioulsly I dont have sli, but this message is getting anoying to cross off everytime I boot.

I uninstalled the old 84.xx drivers, restarted, ran dc pro, restarted and then installed the 91.31 drivers and have being having this error message ever since.

I am probably overlooking something obvious in the new gui but if anyone knows how to stop this message please tell me

thx

Re: 91.31 Driver problem

It does it for me too. Its pretty annoying, becuase sometimes i click it wrong and it opens a webpage about sil and shmuck

Comment

It's a bug in the drivers (big surprise there). Install the 91.33 instead,

P.S. Visit here every now and then,

Helps to keep up with what is going on with Nv cards and drivers (and the problems others are having).

Comment

Thanks for the fix and for reminding me about the guru3d forums, I learnt all I know about OC'ing from them yet I havn't looked at them in weeks.

Comment

Just incase anyone else has this problem, I found a fix from tweakguides;

To disable the unnecessary popup balloon which appears telling you that you have an SLI-capable system, go to the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray] key in your Registry and set the NvCplDisableBalloonNotifications DWORD to 1 - if it doesn't exist create it.

Or just run this: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...546131&p_olh=0

Comment

MINE DOES IT, it makes me feel little i dont have SLI lol

Comment

I've got SLI was having major problems with the 91.31 drivers. So much so that I rolled back onto the previous ones

Comment

Yeah, although I dont have sli I have found them very buggy and I much prefer the old cp. They also made me drop a few points in 3dmark06.

Comment

Originally posted by Heatseeker_no.1
                  Yeah, although I dont have sli I have found them very buggy and I much prefer the old cp. They also made me drop a few points in 3dmark06.
                  You can change to the old CP. It's in one of the top menu's somewhere.

I'll wait for the next set I think before upgrading them but I've not got a singe problem on the current set so I'm not sure if there will be much point unless they add something really usefull...

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport
                    You can change to the old CP. It's in one of the top menu's somewhere.
                    I know, it doesnt contain all of the new functionality though

Comment

Originally posted by Heatseeker_no.1
                      Just incase anyone else has this problem, I found a fix from tweakguides;

To disable the unnecessary popup balloon which appears telling you that you have an SLI-capable system, go to the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray] key in your Registry and set the NvCplDisableBalloonNotifications DWORD to 1 - if it doesn't exist create it.

Or just run this: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...546131&p_olh=0
                      oh YES, thank you very much it was really starting to annoy me

Comment

yea, thats annoying, but at leatst its FAST

Comment

Hey pyura, I'v just realised where your avatars from, its full metal jacket

Comment

do i have to install .31 before i install .33 or can i jump straight from .28 to .33?

Comment

Originally posted by knightfox15
                              do i have to install .31 before i install .33 or can i jump straight from .28 to .33?
                              None of the above. How about this, uninstall the current drivers first, then install which ever one you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X