• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 Lagging On Powerful New Laptop

What the hell is a labtop?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeartSmasher
      The Core Duo's are ok but they don't destroy the p4s. A core duo system starts to lock up or respond slowly after you start doing some hard core video editing. Especially if your RAM is not up to par. I've played on them all to see their limits. The only ones that seem to say is that all you have are the
      Intel P4, Intel dual core P4, and the 64 bit versions, Xeon processors 2.8 and up seem to laugh at you no matter what you through at them.

AMDs Athlon 64 bit chips, including dual core but the best of the AMD world are the Opterons including the dual opterons.

the sempron/duron go to a nice 100% processor usage for a meir 3 full 24 man 100 tic counter strike servers. BF2 was 24 and was barely playable.

(This is for servers and labtops are below)

The labtops they were good until the artillary came down, are a grenade or shell came along. Strange thing was it was not the graphics card or the ram. It was the processor. A centrino is well ok if your trying to do regular desktop work.

But if you don't take my word for it go download all the 1080p HD widescreen 16x9 movies you can find. Let me help you out
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...tshowcase.aspx

Open up your task manager and look at the processor, mem, etc. usage change your page file size to 1GB min 2GB max to keep it fair then post your processor usage(how many processes you have running) the usage that wmplayer is consuming(memory, and CPU)
      Now download all of them and run them full screen notice the difference in performance if you have more than one computer with different processors in front of you.

The T2 and true crimes trailers should give you something. Then once your done doing that try rendering them using a video editing program in 1080 resolution to an avi, mpeg, etc.

Then do the same with a bf2demo file at a quality level of 4 or higher. You will notice that your processor usage will be insane don't forget to open the video in window mode so you can observe the usage

If your usage goes over 55% then you may have a problem.
      Hopefully your GPU will be taking care of most of this for you. If you hear your fans start to go crazy please do your self a favor and stop. Before something bad happens. (A couple of labtops didn't make it when I was testing them(either a crash or restart)
      OK where to begin

The core duo's are far better than any P4

Also Amd CPU's wipe the floor with P4's in gaming!

only thing lacking in your laptop is ram to run BF2 well 2GB is highly recomended!

Comment

Originally posted by SFR-MAINE
        OK where to begin

The core duo's are far better than any P4

Also Amd CPU's wipe the floor with P4's in gaming!

only thing lacking in your laptop is ram to run BF2 well 2GB is highly recomended!
        Ok, where to begin (lol)

All of it is right except for this

It runs fine with one.

Comment

I would try using all low settings... true low is low and won't look at pretty but oh well - you should get less lag, higher fps, ect...

that is NOT a bad labtop but I don't see it as an all high beast or anything

Comment

If you op to upgrade decrease your settings and you should do ok.
            But when you decide to go further the best thing for you to do is play on a PC, it will make you happier in the end. That way if you are playing with the thing on your lap it doesn't burn your skin when the battery gets hot.

Oh Spryo415 a labtop is what alienware called their notebooks before they changed it

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. BOBSONATOR025
              Ok, where to begin (lol)

All of it is right except for this

It runs fine with one.
              yea on medium low settings.

Comment

They do have laptops with 7200 HDs...

And that system is not what I would call powerful...

Comment

That's right they do have them

Comment

Originally posted by SFR-MAINE
                    yea on medium low settings.
                    I run on high on 1280x1024 and 2x AA . and get 60+ FPs at almost all times.

Do you want to come over to my house and see?

Comment

Lower the textures settings to atleast medium, with one gig of memory it will help with the stuttering. Besides that, i don't know what could be wrong. Dont listen to people here, most of them have no clue what they are talkign about. The CPU you have is fine. The video card is ok. To me is just the memory but if you lower textures it should help out. Besides that it is a nice laptop.

P.S. To the idiot that says AMD wipe the floor with Intel in gaming, please go waste someone else time. Yes they offer better performance, but they dont offer that much of an improvement to justify the price now days.

Comment

Originally posted by spyro415
                        What the hell is a labtop?
                        Work it out man.

Comment

Working...
                        X