Headphone Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone Upgrade

Ok well currently I am using some creative Inspire 2.1 speakers (actually sound pretty good), and kinyo ky-100 5.1 headphones.
    kinyo headphones- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

The kinyo headphones don't have the best sound quality, but I just love the 5.1 sound I get from them. Now that I'm using an X-fi I'd like to take advantage of it's sound quality. So basicly my question is what would you guys recommend in terms of headphones. (can't do 5.1 speakers because I have no where to mount them behind me)

Also I have heard stereo headphones can do surround sound fairly well, what settings would I use in the X-fi console for stereo headphones? CMSS?

Re: Headphone Upgrade

Stereo headphones rock.

Just set your sound and audio devices to headset and you should be good to go.

Simon

Comment

ok, what do you guys think about these?
      Buy Sennheiser - Surround Sound Headphones (HD 555) with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Long corded. Big comfortable ear cups. I'd give it a shot but it seems pricey. I got away with much cheaper. I found a Panasonic at the local Computer candy store for about $20. Don't spend so much on something that will break when you sit on it by accident.

Comment

haha well luckly I'm very very careful with my electronics .
          But I'm willing to spend alot cause I really want to enjoy quality sound, those headphones are still cheaper than a good speaker system.

Comment

I started using stereo headsets about four years ago. I've been accused of wall hacking in other games as people can't sneak up on me. I know where they are although via the sound as opposed to x-ray eyes. It made a major difference in my game play.

Simon

Comment

I have the 5.1 headset from Turtle Beach for ~$65. They work really well and the mic is great. I have a big head, so I had to spread out the pressure band a bit so they don't press on my ears so much. The earpads could be a little thicker.

Comment

I have the gamer medusa 5.1 and love them.

Comment

ok wow, compared some crappy sony stereo headphones I had laying around, to my 5.1's and omg, the stereo headphones using CMSS-headphone were AMAZING. Much better than the supposed "true 5.1" from the other ones.
                  So I'm for sure going to switch to just stereo just not sure which ones yet, those sennheisers seem nice, but a little pricey.

Comment

sony headset

There are several other models that rock, for slight increases in price

Sony Catalog

Comment

Were you using the Headphones setting instead of the 5.1 setting?

Originally posted by Darkfox3889
                      ok wow, compared some crappy sony stereo headphones I had laying around, to my 5.1's and omg, the stereo headphones using CMSS-headphone were AMAZING. Much better than the supposed "true 5.1" from the other ones.
                      So I'm for sure going to switch to just stereo just not sure which ones yet, those sennheisers seem nice, but a little pricey.

Comment

Trust me you will not regret spending lots of money on Sennheiser stereo headphones, i hear everything my clan dont hear! I use the RS130's, about £100GBP, i used Logitech, Phillips and some other makes before. Not worth a mention in my opinion! And these are with an audigy platinum on EAX in BF2.

Comment

yeah I just ordered the Sennheiser HD555's, can't wait for them to come in the mail!

Comment

oh I was reading something about having to break in sennheiser headphones?
                            How do I do this?

Comment

Working...
                            X