Overclock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclock!

i have a 6800 PCIE and wanted to over clock...between how many mhz go to? thanks! MySpecs, intel D processor 2.8ghz dual.1 gb ram 6800PCIE

Re: Overclock!

Go 100mhz at a time,

Comment

are u sure...any help?

Comment

Originally posted by K8T
        Go 100mhz at a time,
        uhhh...no? Dont post stuff like that. He might f*** something up.

What are you using to overclock?? Rivatuner, coolbits, etc..

Comment

I would use coolbits, and use the detect optimial frequences. Thats a fairly safe way to overclock.

Comment

Just take small increments. Keep your eyes on temperatures and make sure nothing overheats. You could also use ATI tray tools just to use the "artifact detect" feature.

Comment

Before you even start overclocking your video card invest in an aftermarket cooler or your gonna fry something, I know you can OC on stock heatsinks, but they just dont cut it and there loud. anyways post your temps right now and and what they end up after load. I dont overclock my card unless its idling under 40c, 55 c is all ill go with the overclock.

Comment

Originally posted by scrogathon
                Before you even start overclocking your video card invest in an aftermarket cooler or your gonna fry something, I know you can OC on stock heatsinks, but they just dont cut it and there loud. anyways post your temps right now and and what they end up after load. I dont overclock my card unless its idling under 40c, 55 c is all ill go with the overclock.
                lol, my card idles at 55. POS evga fan

Comment

and if any of this above excellent advice is coming across as just buzzes and clicks, for gosh sakes don't do it. Just because a person can say overclock doesn't always mean they should attempt it.

Simon

Comment

If you are unshure, just get ATI tools to do it all for you, run it for an hour or two, and take care to overclock at normal room temp, otherwise you may see artifacts (funny pixels/colours) afterwards.

If, after you have OC'ed it, your pc gets hotter than normal (e.g it becomes summer or you accidentaly light a fire next to it) and you see artifacts, just back down your frequencys or upgrade your cooling.

I would advise you to stay away from replacing your stock cooling for now for a few reasons.

1) It costs money, and often isn't better

2) It will void your warranty

3) Installing 3rd party cooling on your card may damage it if you don't know what you are doing.

The safest and cheapest way to upgrade cooling is to get another case fan.

My card idles at 55 and gets up to 83 under load (stock cooling with no plans to change)

Comment

Working...
                    X