7900gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7900gt

originally i was looking to buy the 7600GT, but i also have my eye on the 7900GT... and i was wondering how much of a performance increase will i get with the 7900GT over the 7600GT? is it worth the extra $100-$130 to spend on the 7900GT?

Re: 7900gt

Originally posted by jhill1
    originally i was looking to buy the 7600GT, but i also have my eye on the 7900GT... and i was wondering how much of a performance increase will i get with the 7900GT over the 7600GT? is it worth the extra $100-$130 to spend on the 7900GT?
    If i were in your situation, (which i kinda am) I would hold off on buying a high end card like the 7900 and wait for the DX10 cards to arrive. But im not really sure how long the will be. And besides, its not like there are any games around that the 7600gt cant handle And yes, the 7900 is a big increase over the 7600

Comment

when are the dx10's commin out, know at all... like what quarter or anything?

Comment

The only thing is the 7900GT needs a better PSU, if yours isn't up to scratch, but if your computer can already play BF2 fine, I'd hold out till DX10. The 7600GT though will not dissapoint, I suggest the evga one.

Comment

jhill, what video card do you have right now??

Comment

right now i got nothin, (im on my family comp, which cant handle cs 1.6) im in the process of saving for my new rig which im gonna buy at the end of the summer. in that case would it make more sence to just wait for the dx10 cards to come out?

also... how does your rig handle bf2 tehFunk? cause that was the rig i was planning on building except with diff mem.... until my dilema with the vid card now

Comment

If you can live a couple more months without a gaming computer, then yes, waiting for DX10 would be fine. The cards should be coming out either this quarter or the next. But if you really want a gaming computer soon, wait for Conroe+AMD's price drops (in a couple of weeks) and then get a 7600gt.

Comment

XFX is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by K8T
                  XFX is your friend.
                  Yeah, xfx is your friend, but evga should be your wife

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                    Yeah, xfx is your friend, but evga should be your wife
                    Agreed.

Xfx is more like a one night stand.

Comment

Originally posted by SFR-MAINE
                      Agreed.

Xfx is more like a one night stand.
                      lol so then that makes BFG the expensive hooker with std;s, but for some reason, people keep going back for more

Its funny because its true

Comment

Originally posted by K8T
                        XFX is your friend.
                        So much so that they got rid of their support forums because there were so many public complaints about their shoddy Customer service coupled with terrible quality control. For instance, failing 7800GT's and 3/4ths of them with fans stuck on high 100% of the time.

Buying from XFX is very similar to burning your money in the chimney.

Comment

ok now that we got down what brand to buy and not to buy, but is waiting for the dx10 cards worth it, or will a card equivilant to the 7900gt be like $200 more or will it be around the same price? im busy over the summer working all the time, so i dont need one until like september maybe october (when homework gets too boering:laugh. so anybody know about the prices?

Comment

hmm, i wanted to go for the leadtek 7900gt, wonder if that was any good. heard alotta problems with 7900gt's. hoping leadtek would make better cards.

Comment

EVGA is getting a fixed batch soon, different RAM I believe. Check out their forums and decide. I wouldn't hold your breath for DX10 cards as we haven't even heard a peep from Nvidia. 7900GT can be had for ~$240 with rebates now, a hell of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X