Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone play on an Icemat or other gaming mousepad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play on an Icemat or other gaming mousepad?

I'm asking because I have a Razer Copperhead and my mouse pad is a POS. I was considering purchasing an icemat on eBay but they are around $35!?!?!

If you have a gaming mousepad please tell me what the big deal is about them.

Thanks.

Re: Anyone play on an Icemat or other gaming mousepad?

I have the copperhead and the Razer eXactMat . . . What a combination!

Comment

Originally posted by jnick
      Can u tell me what the hell the big deal is with a gaming mousepad, i cant justify spending $20 on a mousepad.

Comment

Steelpad QcK Mini.. ( Steelpad ) Works really fine...

<3 Gaming mousemats

~ Komet

Comment

Mousepads can impact your mousing by two means: friction and accuracy. The surface texture needs to be of a quality so that small bumps and coarseness are kept to a minimum to ensure smooth movement and low friction. The surface of the pad also needs to be compatible with optical mice (My POS pad at work has a company logo on it and causes occasionaly cursor jumping). No... a great mouse and mouse pad combination isn't going to make you a battlefield superstar, but at least it won't hinder your actions.

It's also important to keep both of them clean. Scratches and dents in a mouse pad will result in erratice mouse movement, as too will dust build-up in the optics. So just as we all use to clean our mouse balls (insert joke here), you must do the same for optical mice.

Not only will your gaming skills not be hindered but while doing photoshop, you'll find greater accuracy in your cursor (easier to move from one pixel to another, seamlessly)

Comment

Originally posted by jnick
            QFT

Got the same combo - there's nothing that can beat it imo. And I've tried many mice and pads.

greeen baby

[directly from the razer site:]

Technical Specifications

The Razer eXactMat™ - Razer's first mousing surface!

Two-sided, longer-lasting Anodized Aluminum mousing surfaces

"SPEED" for high-sensitivity users

"CONTROL" side for low-sensitivity and professional design users

Over-sized and uniquely-shaped, 10.4" x 13" x 0.1" (265 x 330 mm x 2.5 mm)

Jet-black with Razer™ green logo

Non-slip, anti-reflective, abrasion resistant hard coat

Bundle Package includes specially-designed gel-filled wrist rest.

Comment

G5 and a black Icemat here...cost me £5 from play.com (thats less than $10 iirc)

Comment

Hi Deli, nice to see you here
                Icemat is nice too, I've used it for some time but then switched to the exactmat because i found it to have a slight better friction, and the two sides are just great.
                Only downside is that it did cost me a bit more then £5:cry:

Comment

Razer eXactMat an g7 an razor copperhead mouse,
                  the mat is awsome feels like glass i recomend to any body who is thinking of purchasing a razor mat.

Comment

I use a copperhead on a Func F-series mat with some AMD X2 propaganda on it. It was only $10 CDN on sale and matches my green mouse.

It's small, really thin, and if you wash the rubber backing it will never move on your desk. Ever. Probably the best mousepad I've ever used.

Comment

I bought the Cyber Snipa pad for around $30 (CDN) at Best Buy. Best mouse pad I have ever used, plus it is much larger than any other mouse pad I have seen for sale. Highly recommended, even comes with a nice carrying case (yes, a carrying case!)

Comment

Originally posted by ojmcduffie
                        Can u tell me what the hell the big deal is with a gaming mousepad, i cant justify spending $20 on a mousepad.
                        I have a couple large wowpads that I got from Office Depot. They are only $9.99, and work great for laser mice. Their surface is simlar to the teflon coating on cookware. It's quite large at 11.5 x 12.5".

More details:

"The WowPad mouse pad is made of 1 single ply of antibacterial, chemically inert polyvinylchloride (PVC) just 15/1000th of an inch thick. The top is designed for perfect tracking of all ball, optical mice and laser mice. The patented sure grip bottom is great on any surface - just press down firmly and watch it stick without adhesive.
                        We have tested this mouse pad with extended soaking in common cleaners and disinfectants including 20% bleach solutions, 70% isopropyl alcohol and phenol based cleaners and it just shrugs them all off. Just let air dry or rinse and the WowPad is as good as new."

Comment

WOW! lol

Comment

My 10 dollar pad from staples works good :P

Comment

Yea, WOW at the wowpad, wow, i gotta get that if i ever upgrade to a gaming mouse.

Comment

Working...
                              X