How good is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is this?

How good is having 1 GB of RAM, a GeForce 7600GT KO Graphic card, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor and a Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard. Be honest >.> I need to know. Also tell me what you think on how fast it is. Stuff like that... thinking on upgrading it some more.

Re: How good is this?

Pretty much what I have but you have got to upgrade to at least 2GB of RAM. You'll notice the difference.

Comment

What kind of RAM should I get? The type I currently have is DDR400 512MB a piece.

Comment

well that PC is pretty fast, and lol believe me when you go to 2 gigs of ram youll be always the first one in the server, i have 2 gigs of pc2700 ram and im always the first one on any server of BF2 :P.

Comment

i hate being the last one on the server. all the choppers will be taken by time time i get there.
          yup, 2gb is the best.

Comment

I recommend 4 gigs cause that's 1337. Put 4 sticks of 1 gig each. I have the same motherboard and i'm sure it can take it. Although I only have 2 gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by [PTG]KillAllFools
              I recommend 4 gigs cause that's 1337. Put 4 sticks of 1 gig each. I have the same motherboard and i'm sure it can take it. Although I only have 2 gigs.

4 gigs is overkill and a waste of money, 2 gigs would easily do the job. The ammount of ram you need is pretty much dictated by the video setting you are using. The higher the video settings, the more ram/page file is used.

Comment

Wrong forum but Ill post anyways to help out cuz Im such a nice guy .

4 gigs is a waste, the only REAL application i could see for 4 gigs is rendering-type stuff, and Vista Beta 2 . plus, Windows 32bit cant even recognize it, it only recognizes like 3.4 gigs or something so it would actaully be a waste of money. thats why render peoplez use 64bit.

I would go with 2GB, but I mean AM2 is out, wouldnt you rather go with DDR2 and socket AM2? its ABOUT the same price and better performance, plus newer and stuff. just a suggestion. the rest seems good though.

Comment

Originally posted by [PTG]KillAllFools
                  even BF2's max settings doesnt use 2 gigs at its fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by warup89
                    even BF2's max settings doesnt use 2 gigs at its fullest.
                    No true, my machine uses up to 2.5 gigs of ram when playing BF2. I have it set on the highest settings and ultra high sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
                      No true, my machine uses up to 2.5 gigs of ram when playing BF2. I have it set on the highest settings and ultra high sound.
                      That's odd. I run all on ultra high, 8xAA and 8xAF, and never use more than 75% of my total RAM...

Comment

Hmm, never ceases to amaze me how people dont' seem to read the stickies.... moved. Consider this a warning

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                          That's odd. I run all on ultra high, 8xAA and 8xAF, and never use more than 75% of my total RAM...
                          agreed. the most I've ever seen on usage is 1.6Gb. thats with all my usual virus and firewall programs open as well as AIM. typically it's around 1.3Gb though.

Comment

thats* odd very interesting

Must be spyware or a virus. or you just read the memory usage wrong!

Comment

Working...
                            X