Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virus or something that doesnt die

ok so i got this virus or something and its killing my system

naturally i do a spybot scan and i get back some results and it kills some stuff but not everything and my comp is reduced to like .000002x speed and so it say sthat it cant delete the current spyware or soemthing so it asks to do a scan when i reboot..so i reboot and nothing happens (no scan)

so i try ad-aware and it picks up some heavy stuff and i get the same thing where it cant delete the thing and wants me to reboot but doesnt do aynthign afterwards

so then i tried a virus scan..and it detects some stuff and its all out there in a list and i delete everything there...succussfully..but then i select them all again and delete them and it deletes them again which is weird because it shouldnt be able to delete something twice...

so its like its regenerating or seomthing and i cant seem to get rid of it

other notes: i cant access "regedit" cuz it says its being used
    i cant access my task manager (nothing happens)

and idk all of the names but heres a few:

adware.QoolAid (theres like 3 of them)
    adware.Look2Me (theres like 2 of them)
    adware.LinkMaker

any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: virus or something that doesnt die

Do a surch on Google with those names and you will find loads of info on how to remove them, I have done the first one for you!

Comment

please update yourself with the latest policies in regards to posting in the totalbf2 support forums.

Comment

Well,

A very useful anti-spyware program is
        Hitmanpro
        HitmanPro cleans malware, viruses, trojans, keyloggers, rootkits, trackers, ransomware and spyware while HitmanPro.Alert provides continuous scanning in real time.

It downloads and runs several FREE anti-spyware like AdAware, SPS&D etc.

Very useful indeed - that should clean your PC.

One further tip:
        sometimes you have to boot to Safe Mode to get a clean to work.

K.

Comment

Look on your add.remove programs list for anything suspicious and uninstall it. Try runnin gthe scans in safe mode as well. If non of that workds identify the files, go into recovery console and delete them manualy. Or look for something like Winternals ERD which will allow you to boot without loading Windows and acess the file system using a GUI.

Comment

yeah for some reason i cant boot in safe mode...it just crashes and reboots after 10 seconds or so

and i ried ur suggestion of manually deleting the files...and funny thing...i delete something and then it just reappears like it got some regen or something :P this is painful

http://forum.us.dell.com/supportforu...ssage.id=44611 and i tried the solution here but regedit wont even open cuz its says its being used by another program

EDIT: and my bad laike...never knew that (thanks)

Comment

Trying to remove that virus with a million different programs is not worth it. Backup all your important data and reformat. Trust me it's the only way to get clean.

Comment

It's constantly being loaded back onto your computer after deletion through another program. Try Google search the names with "remove / removing" and see how that comes up. Smitfraud has also got a tendency to regen adaware into computers. AVG, Xsoft Spy, Norton, Hijackthis, Bruteforce uninstaller, CCleaner, Spybot, Ad-aware personal.. They all need updating, if they know of the virus.

Or you could just reformat. Easy option, let it win.

Comment

Happened to me a long time ago. I got rid of it with TrojanHunter.

Comment

thanks guys...ill try the trojan hunter later (right now im letting someone try to fix it)

i really dont want to reformat unless it is absolutely necessary...too many important files and programs that i dont want to have to reinstall

Comment

If you have a clean system available, you can also create a bart-pe cd.
                      Bart's PE Builder helps you build a 'BartPE' (Bart Preinstalled Environment) bootable Windows CD-Rom or DVD from the original Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installation/setup CD, very suitable for PC maintenance tasks.

It's a bootable cd, which will allow you to run scanners from a clean environment.

Comment

You may also want to try Avast. Its free, all you need to do is register. Avast is really good at detecting viruses and deleting them. But the ones it couldnt delete, Trojan Hunter deleted.

Comment

Oh god I hope I don't get a virus like that.

Comment

Working...
                          X