6600 gt driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6600 gt driver?

ive searched for a long time about 6600 driver help.. but havent found anything, so this is my own thread..

what drivers work well with a 6600 gt? i was using the official nv84.21, and they were making my comp freeze in game.. and now ive switched to the beta drivers and they're making my comp freeze the same way.. please help anyone? i heard the 77.xx drivers for nvidia work well with teh 6600 gt.. but im not sure..

i can play cs:s and bf1942 just fine, but bf2 is just killing me!

comp specs:
    p4 3.0 gig w/ HT
    1gig ram
    6600 gt pci-e

my settings ingame are mostly medium w/ the dynamic lights and shadows on low, and textures on low..

Re: 6600 gt driver?

Forceware 81.95 right here. Itll be a BF2 issue, not your driver.

Comment

I noticed my 6600GT had problems with the drivers once the drivers for the 7800 came out. Try the 66.93 http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93.html

Comment

I have almost the same system and the problem lies that your card is probably overheating running that card with settings on medium in bf2 will crank up the core temp to 70 + degrees celcius in turn making your card freeze up.. I had the same exact problem until I lowered my videos settings..

Everything is low
        except for effects which is on high

p4 2.8 oced to 3.4
        1 gig of gskill
        6600 gt AGP (running newest nvidia drivers)

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
          I noticed my 6600GT had problems with the drivers once the drivers for the 7800 came out. Try the 66.93 http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93.html
          That would be ok advice if the game didn't recommend the 77.30 or above. Actaully the demo and the game both come with the 77.30, and will tell you to install them if an older driver is detected.

Comment

i turned off auto reboot on my comp.. when i play with the 84.21 drivers and my comp crashes.. it goes to a blue screen and says theres an error with the nv4_disp .. then it says theres something wrong with "device or device drivers".. i dont think anything is wrong with my actual card? it plays all my other games just fine.. just not bf2.. i also used to play bf2 when it first came out.. and it worked pretty good with all medium settings.. thanx again for anyone that helps <3

Comment

run a 3d mark stress test and see eif it crashes. It could be a faulty card, Can u take it back & swop for another?

Comment

i used the video card stability test 1.0.0.2 and ran it for over 10 minutes.. no freezing.. and my results came back at 913.. on the results page, it says that the normal range for a Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT is 791-1017.. so i guess my card is ok?

Comment

I have the same stuff except I'm AGP. I think I have 84.21's and I run Med settings, don;t know why you run med/low. The freezing is beyond me.

Comment

go to tweeks are us check out there tweekeed driveres bring up your ram to at least 1250 or higher. make a image disk with alchol and damon tools to improve your load times i am running an amd 2100+ oc to 2700 1250 in ram 6600 gt oc to 540 and 1050 ,card set at 2x antilasing and most settings medi some low and getting 50 to 60 sometimes a little higer fps i am running tweeked 91.31 drivers + lock up could be heat when i play i put a fan in frount of my open case it run nice and cool also i keep it cleen by spay dusting 1 a week

Comment

update: ive been using 77.76 drivers and bf2 seems to work a little better.. i can play for a good couple of hours, but just today i got the blue screen of death.. does anyone know any other good drivers for a pci-e 6600 gt? or can anybody help me out with my problems? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard46
                        go to tweeks are us check out there tweekeed driveres bring up your ram to at least 1250 or higher. make a image disk with alchol and damon tools to improve your load times i am running an amd 2100+ oc to 2700 1250 in ram 6600 gt oc to 540 and 1050 ,card set at 2x antilasing and most settings medi some low and getting 50 to 60 sometimes a little higer fps i am running tweeked 91.31 drivers + lock up could be heat when i play i put a fan in frount of my open case it run nice and cool also i keep it cleen by spay dusting 1 a week
                        what res u run to get these results? I have similar spec PC 2500+ @ 2.14G + 1.25RAM + 6600gt XFX I run 2x anti 1024 med/low.

I get artifacts on SF levels & its getting worse what can I do?
                        can you recommend drivers?

Comment

My 6600 GT only goes up to about 58 or 59 degrees celsius.... ever... even after playing BF2 on medium high online for an hour or so.

Desktop its about 54 55 Celsius, so it only changs like 4 degrees....

For some reason, the 81.95 drivers totally sucked for me. The new 84 something seemed to work about as good as 78.01, which has always worked.

Comment

Working...
                          X