The Current State of Call of Duty - Opinion Piece by Torchwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Current State of Call of Duty - Opinion Piece by Torchwood

I found it was a good read torchwood! I too am pissed off at the lack of dedicated servers, but I am still going to get it, but most likely not on release. I possibly have friends who are going to get it so Ill just play co-op spec ops with them. I may play MP just to see how much IW fu ked that up.

I know, its really scripted (im one of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R children on this forum), but I still liked the story, and this may fill in time during my summer holidays when I am in and have no money while waiting for stalker call of pripyat.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
      I'm sorry but with COD4, after playing other games and trying it you notice how...well...

rubbish it is, it feels so fake, monotonous, some people like the constant scripted action, it can produce some nice set pieces but overall it lacks any depth or satisfaction tbh
      Thats the only thing I have against COD franchises single player mode. They just cant hide the scripted gameplay. But most people enjoy the cinematic setting and mood it creates. A couple of my friends who have served in Kosovo praise COD4 to death for its realistic portrayal of combat atmosphere.

And, just to irritate you- COD4 multiplayer is best since 2004

Comment

I saw a live stream of MW2 today. I gotta admit the game looks awesome. I'm having mixed feelings but I still can't believe a game that looks this good isn't going to have dedicated server support.

Comment

I find it funny that such a multiplayer orientated game like MW2, doesnt even have dedicated servers! even stalker, a game that put multiplayer in as an afterthought has dedi servers!

Comment

But are not all single player games scripted to some effect?

And also can someone explain to me how your 360 version of the game is tied to steam???

Comment

1. Yes, but the stalker series, for example, is scripted story wise, but its alot more free roaming and the Ai is so superb that things that happen in one game dont happen the next time you playthrough, like people die in one area in one game, or they live right up untill the end on the next time

2. its not I think he was just trying to make a bad joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Voop_Bacon
                Or you could save $60 and borrow a friends copy for the only remaining part thats worth while, the single player
                If he`s a good friend, he`ll let you play it with his steam account.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  But are not all single player games scripted to some effect?

And also can someone explain to me how your 360 version of the game is tied to steam???
                  Steam doesn't work on the XBox, I think he was referring to the PC version.

Chris COD4 came out in 2007

Comment

Working...
                  X