This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editorial: WoW Could Suffer Some Cataclysmic Changes

While I may be one of the biggest World of Warcraft fans around (big referring to my interest, not the size of my chestplate), I have come to terms with the fact that Cataclysm may not be the best thing since sliced bread. Want to know why? Read on:

When the rumors started surfacing last week of a new expansion to World of Warcraft, I was ecstatic. While Blizzard deserves credit for continuously providing the community with new content through patch updates, Northrend is starting to become well-trodden ground and the Outland has been sucked dry for years. Instead of offering new land, Blizzard is giving us back what already existed by opening up previously unexplored lands within Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. While the idea seems safe enough, the implementation may cause more than a few hiccups. Here are a few ways that Cataclysm could ruin the Warcraft experience.

No More Exclusives?

For years, the fights between Paladins and Shamans have never been that memorable. However, it is the effect of these classes in battlegrounds and PvP scenarios that make each vital to the Alliance and Horde, respectfully. When The Burning Crusade was launched, nobody was very angry that the Blood Elves found Warlocks or that Draneis took advantage of Shamanistic powers. Unfortunately, the battlegrounds will be changing even more as we see too many classes being handed out to too many races. Tauren Paladins and Blood Elf Warriors will become far too common and those are only a few of the new possibilities. It is at this time that we need to ask Blizzard to leave us alone because we're happy with class distribution as it is.

Check out the full article here. Do you agree or do you feel the developers are taking the game in the right direction? Feel free to leave your feedback here.
Working...
X