Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editorial: I Just Watched Microsoft's Conference And I...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editorial: I Just Watched Microsoft's Conference And I...

In the latest article posted at From The Editor's Desk, ThQp shares his thoughts and reactions on today's E3 press conference presented by Microsoft. Check it out:

I have to hand it to the guys at Microsoft. Weeks of speculation and rumors were building up to what seemed like too many expectations for the company. Fortunately for everyone involved (and those of us watching), Microsoft lived up to all expectations. New games, new technology, and new interfaces all culminated to create one of the most memorable E3 press conferences in recent memory.

The first half of the conference was mainly centered around new games and their respective trailers. From Modern Warfare 2 to Final Fantasy XIII, the line-up was certainly impressive. While news concerning these two games was much appreciated, it was announcements such as Forza 3, Left 4 Dead 2, and especially Metal Gear Solid: Rising that stole the show. With the addition of Final Fantasy XIII last year and now the Metal Gear Solid series this year, Microsoft looks to be providing the highest quality library available right now. No complaints can be made regarding the games shown off today. Unlike past years, this conference wasn't focused solely on gaming.

Aiming to capitalize on the core gaming market, Microsoft announced today many new social networking tools and Xbox Live updates which will make the system far more enjoyable than before. To begin with, we saw the implementation of last.fm radio and an important update for the Netflix service. On top of this, the system's video library will be updated to 1080p HD movies and television. Speaking of television, Sky TV will be made available for those living in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Finally, Facebook and Twitter will both be made available later this year. I do worry, however, that Microsoft might be trying to broaden their audience to that of Nintendo's and at this point in the race for the seventh generation, it may be too late. We can only hope that they don't forget that they are rooted in the hardcore gaming scene, not that of Cooking Mama.

You can read the full and leave your feedback here.
Working...
X