X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• papasmurf128
    replied
    Re: Thoughts Go Out to Those in Japan and the Pacific Rim

I just don't trust Red Cross after I read about the shady dealings with Katrina and Haiti.

Leave a comment:

• K-16
    replied

Tokyo Broadcasting System is streaming their news broadcast live on UStream. However, I suggest Zip's links if you can't understand Japanese (the comments do show English speakers watching this channel though).

End to end video platform for media & enterprises. Live streaming, video hosting, transcoding, monetization, distribution & delivery services for businesses.

Also, Red Cross is already setup for donations through telephone and internet. Just go to your respective region's websites (they have different options and amounts for you to donate depending on the division you're donating to).

As for the power plant, the fuel rod is melting a little bit for now, but the actual meltdown all of us fear is very unlikely to happen. Still, they already dispatched the necessary personnel for radioactive scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• papasmurf128
    replied

Yea I hope they don't have any radiation leaks from the nuclear reactor or whatever. My thoughts go out as well to the families devastated by this.

Leave a comment:

• Thoughts Go Out to Those in Japan and the Pacific Rim

No, this isn't gaming related news. Forgive us but there are times when some news impacts such a massive number of people that something needs to be said.

For those unaware, Japan was hit with an 8.9 earthquake a short time ago which produced massive tsunami waves. Subsequent aftershocks, including a 7.1 magnitude quake followed, also producing tsunami waves. At least 19 casualties have already been reported with the number to rise throughout this disaster.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those in Japan and surrounding regions.

Those in Hawaii are expected to be hit with a tsunami in a matter of hours. Those in the western United States and other areas in the Pacific Rim are also under watches and warnings.

More current coverage:

#AlJazeeraEnglish, we focus on people and events that affect people's lives. We bring topics to light that often go under-reported, listening to all sides of the story and giving a 'voice to the voiceless.' Reaching more than 282 million households in over 140 countries across the globe, our viewers trust #AlJazeeraEnglish to keep them informed, inspired, and entertained. Our impartial, fact-based reporting wins worldwide praise and respect. It is our unique brand of #journalism that the world has come to rely on. We are reshaping global media and constantly working to strengthen our reputation as one of the world's most respected #news and #CurrentAffairs channels.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

National Data Buoy Center - Recent observations from tsunami station 21416 (48.120N 163.430E) - KAMCHATKA PENINSULA - 240NM SE of Kamchatka Peninsula, RU.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Working...
X