This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSTP Update

Cammy from Counter-Strike Teamplay sent me a huge ass update that I was ordered to post. Since I'm a lazy bastard, here's a control + c and a control + v!
    Hello! Don't worry, this won't become a regular weekly letter or anything, this is just to let you know what's going on with the site.

For anyone that doesn't read the News section: since the move to CS Nation I've been flooded with applications. Almost 200 in 2 days! Everyone is going to go up, but I'm working on a .cgi script to do all the work for me. That should be done in the next couple days, so everyone that applied after about 8pm EST tuesday night isn't going to be put on the board until I finish this little program. Sorry about that! But after this everything will be automated. Hopefully. On a semi-related note - to combat download times for the page, I've split it up into 3 individual pages with 50 names each. (Well, the 3rd page only has 30 something right now ...) Of course the number of pages will grow as the site grows. Hopefully, with the .cgi stuff, the names will become completely random so you don't see the same 50 names everytime you load the page up. This makes it fair for everybody. Right??? My workaround for the time being is to randomly load one of the 3 pages, which is what happens right now. At the bottom of the list you'll see a Page 1 | 2 | 3 >> bar for navigating around. Some of the other perks about the .cgi will be the ability to sort the list by weapon preference, team, position ... that kinda stuff. Also I hope to implement a nice feature that will automatically convert everyone's play times to your own timezone. And a neat little added bonus will be the ability to give a stats page filled with interesting info: how many players prefer a certain weapon, how many prefer a certain team ... not really life-or-death information, but we'll see once and for all what the favorite weapons are. (I can tell ya right now from entering all this stuff by hand that I've only seen 3 people list the Mac10 as their favorite weapon, and I have only 1 person that likes the Glock!) Okay, on to other stuff ...

I hope everyone is taking an active part and looking for people to play with, not just sitting there waiting for people to come to you. Remember: the longer the list becomes, the lesser the chances of your name being picked out among everyone all the others. So don't just wait for everyone else, go ahead and start asking people to play!

I love the new ICQ notification thing, but it won't necessarily work for everyone. You notice all the grey flowers? These show up because either: a) The person does not have ICQ open, or b) they're not allowing others to see if they're online via the web. I have instructions on turning this feature on at http://csnation.counter-strike.net/cstp/icqdis.html So if yours isn't on, and you want others to see if you're online just by going to CS TeamPlay, check that link out and turn that sucker on! Another ICQ related item: what do you think about being able to send ICQ messages right through the web site? Apparently ICQ has this toolpanel thing that lets anyone visiting the page send a message out to whoever they want. Right now all the designs I've seen for the thing are pretty ugly. And I think they're only set up to ICQ the owner of the web site (most people would put this on their own homepage) so I don't even know if I can set it up to message more than one person. But it would be nice to just be able to click on a person's ICQ number and then a window pops up so you can start talking to them.

If you haven't checked out Keyser Soze's PUG Central yet, you should. You won't be disappointed! If you don't even know what a PUG is, you should DEFINATELY go! It might just be that ultimate teamplay experience you've been looking for! http://csnation.counter-strike.net/cstp/pug I can guarantee you've never done anything like it in CS before ...

I think that's it for now. Enjoy the site everyone and thanks again for all the support! Keep those ideas coming for things I can do to improve the place, too! Good luck and happy hunting!
    Check out CSTP damnit!
Working...
X