Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears 5 Built "From the Ground Up for PC"

Gears 5
    In a recent interview between Rod Fergusson from The Coalition and WIRED UK, Fergusson spilled a few of the beans on what PC players can expect from the PC release of Gears 5. One of the major points of interest is the fact that Fergusson says Gears 5 is being built "from the ground up" for the PC crowd.
    "Having a game that we're building from the ground up for PC [means players] will be able to take advantage of all the types of different PC optimisation options you can have," Fergusson says. "You'll be able to max it to quite high. It's still reasonably early, but we can usually get to 120fps. It's obviously going to matter what hardware you're using to get that - but it'll be able to scale up that high, [if] the hardware can push it."

I really do wonder what sort of hardware they're targeting with Gears 5, because my PC was able to hit 120fps in Gears of War 4 on the PC, but that's with a 1080Ti and an i7-6700K. So saying that Gears 5 can "usually get to 120fps" doesn't tell us too much without knowing the hardware they're achieving that on right now.

Of course, this also means that the final polished product should have much better performance. If it's already hitting 120fps now, regardless of hardware, that should be good news for the final release.
Working...
X