Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Store Version of Infinite Warfare Features NO Multiplayer with Other PC Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Store Version of Infinite Warfare Features NO Multiplayer with Other PC Versions

Just a word of warning here that if you plan on purchasing Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, you should probably avoid the Windows 10 Store version. These versions will NOT feature multiplayer with other PC users that didn't purchase from the Windows 10 Store. This also applies to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.

The official FAQ reads as follows for this matter:
    Can I play Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered for Windows 10 on Windows Store with my friends that are playing on another PC platform?
    No, you can only play these titles with other users of Windows 10 on Windows Store.

In addition, the FAQ also mentions that there is zero cross-platform play between the Xbox One version and the Windows 10 Store version. It is also not a Play Anywhere title.
    Is Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered an Xbox Play Anywhere title?
    No, these titles are not under the Play Anywhere program. If you purchase for Windows 10 on Windows Store, you will only be able to play on your PC. If you purchase on Xbox One, you will only be able to play on your Xbox One console.

Can I play Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered for Windows 10 on Windows Store with my friends that are playing on Xbox One?
    No, you can only play these titles with other users of Windows 10 on Windows Store.

That seems bizarre, right? It seems as though this was up to Activision, at least according to a statement issued by Microsoft.
    "We support cross-play between devices and platforms for partners who want to enable it."

Right now, if you're buying this on PC, your best bet would be to purchase through Steam because that is where most players will be outside of the consoles.
Working...
X