Oh God, this is a good one here. Ubisoft, in their ongoing effort to provide the latest news and updates on what is going on with the mess that is Assassin's Creed Unity, have a new one for you today. The latest is a workaround to temporarily get rid of a game crash some users are experiencing. That fix? Deleting your friends.
We have discovered one of the issues that may cause the game to crash at the main menu after pressing the CONTINUE button. This issue affects all platforms.

The team is working hard on a fix for those players that have been affected by this. However, for players who haven’t experienced this issue, we highly recommend you take the following steps to prevent a crash:

- Do not add any IN-GAME RECENT PLAYER as a GAME CONTACT
- If you already have GAME CONTACTS, perform the following to remove them:
My Brotherhood > My Contacts > Game Contacts (using RB/R1) > Focus on a Contact (LS) > More Actions (Y/Triangle) > Remove from contacts.

The more issues I see arise from Unity, the more I cannot even fathom how a company as large as Ubisoft let this game ship in this state. Right now, there is simply no ETA on when a proper patch will be out to fix this and other outstanding issues present on every version of the game.