"Map" Pack 5 Released on the 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Map" Pack 5 Released on the 28th

they can't make a 64 player game yet with this engine. even 32 players lag the game too much.

Comment

Re: Map Pack 5 Released on the 28th

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER
      Battlefield 1942

how i miss you

well...

+ 3 and half.

because I like BF1942/DC better then the stock 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        they can't make a 64 player game yet with this engine. even 32 players lag the game too much.
        Why? Is it limitations of the game or limitations of the platform/media?

Comment

^Bingo was his namo

+4 here,I so miss 42 vanilla omaha beach,DC desert bowl,Alemien and POE BFV mod

I wanted my BF to go in the direction of Arma and be more technically challenging ,while! still keeping its quick and easy to use controls:salute:

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
              ^Bingo was his namo

+4 here,I so miss 42 vanilla omaha beach,DC desert bowl,Alemien and POE BFV mod

I wanted my BF to go in the direction of Arma and be more technically challenging ,while! still keeping its quick and easy to use controls:salute:
              Yeah, I've actually wanted to see Battlefield go in the direction of a MMO. Where it is one massive, massive theater of fighting and the battle lines move from forest to urban as you force the opposition in and out of cities in to the country side. And you parachute in or spawn in to squads attached to veteran players.

Battlefield has a fun feel, compared to others that almost seem like stick players. So, I'd like DiCE to put there 'fun magic' style behind it, versus having something like a COD feel.

It would end up being an insanely challenging project for a company like DiCE to pull off, but I think they are getting there. They already have these destructible environment technology and maps that kinda force you into zones. All they need to do is scale it up to handle several hundred people over a massive massive area. Think Karkand or Oman x50. Complete with jets and helos that would have to travel in from a long ways away.

The whole environment would heal itself if the battle lines moved 10 miles beyond all the destruction.

I do wish I as a billionaire and I could buy DiCE and Blizzard to make this happen. WoW players would get pissed at me though.

I have a huge post in the old TGN BF2 forum how the whole environment and ranking structure would work. Maybe I should dig it out.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                Yeah, I've actually wanted to see Battlefield go in the direction of a MMO. Where it is one massive, massive theater of fighting and the battle lines move from forest to urban as you force the opposition in and out of cities in to the country side. And you parachute in or spawn in to squads attached to veteran players.

Battlefield has a fun feel, compared to others that almost seem like stick players. So, I'd like DiCE to put there 'fun magic' style behind it, versus having something like a COD feel.

It would end up being an insanely challenging project for a company like DiCE to pull off, but I think they are getting there. They already have these destructible environment technology and maps that kinda force you into zones. All they need to do is scale it up to handle several hundred people over a massive massive area. Think Karkand or Oman x50. Complete with jets and helos that would have to travel in from a long ways away.

The whole environment would heal itself if the battle lines moved 10 miles beyond all the destruction.

I do wish I as a billionaire and I could buy DiCE and Blizzard to make this happen. WoW players would get pissed at me though.

I have a huge post in the old TGN BF2 forum how the whole environment and ranking structure would work. Maybe I should dig it out.
                My dream.

Comment

Working...
                X