• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RangerXML
    replied
    Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed

Originally posted by Alex98uk
    No chance it'll ever, ever use 8gb of RAM.

If that were minimum, all 32bit PC's would be lost sales
    Most of the newer EA games have 64-bit and multi thread extensions. Even for 1.5 BETA they added support for more then 2GB of RAM. So yeah, I can picture it being able to utilize 8GB RAM. My intend upgrade path include 4 more GB RAM at min, at the point of BF3 release 4GB sticks may have dropped to a more reasonable price point.

Leave a comment:

• =98=
    replied

Originally posted by Levente
    u will need a really strong rig thats for sure, i bet the maps will be a ss big, and 80 players wrecking havoc, u gotta need 8gb ram minimum and i said less. :dead:
    No chance it'll ever, ever use 8gb of RAM.

If that were minimum, all 32bit PC's would be lost sales

Leave a comment:

• Levente
    replied

u will need a really strong rig thats for sure, i bet the maps will be a ss big, and 80 players wrecking havoc, u gotta need 8gb ram minimum and i said less. :dead:

Leave a comment:

• M0t0rBreath
    replied

I wonder if Bf3 will look like BC2? I mean on the PC you can go all out. I like seeing little details in games like on the weapons, walls , tress, etc. By then I think the Frostbite engine would have evolved even further.

Leave a comment:

• =98=
    replied

I wouldn't be surprised to see PhysX in this given it was used in Mirror's Edge.

Leave a comment:

• Levente
    replied

hope my gtx 295 will handle it :salute: so maybe that list of features are true indeed. :salute:

Leave a comment:

• WolfAlmighty
    replied

Originally posted by JayZ
    @Wolf
    What's D3, did u mean Doom 4?
    Oops, sorry...should have clarified. I meant Diablo 3.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

EU vs RUSSIA has been done already in 2142 as EU and PAC.

the korea thing probably wouldn't be done if it is modern times settings due to sensitive nature of current relations which are volatile. remember when they scrapped the ghost recon game set in N. korea for this very reason?

Leave a comment:

• Webs961
    Guest replied

Originally posted by JayZ
    @Minmaster
    European Union (EU) vs Russian Federation (RF) would be interesting. European river villages, alpine forests and mountain ranges.
    US Army vs Chinese PLA. Jungle islands, bustling city metropolis' or heavy industrial areas.
    An interesting take would be naval combat. Instead of the Titan, we'd have aircraft carrier on a water map. With submarines, frigates and cruisers for attack. The objective being to sink the carrier either by boarding or bombardment. Boarding would play out like a typical titan match. Bombardment would be from aircraft, submarines, frigates and cruisers. Of course, this would be too much to ask for an initial release, but it would make an excellent expansion pack woudn't it? :nod:
    Despite my euphoria the middle eastern setting is probable. Middle eastern cities, dune battles, Kubra dam and Sharqi peninsula.
    How about US and S.K. v North Korea? That seems pretty feasible.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

eskimos and amazon warriors don't use any vehicles. wouldn't make a good fit for a BF game.

Leave a comment:

• imported_JayZ
    replied

@ Garand
    Even though it's old info:

Knife
    Berretta M9
    SCAR variants
    M16
    M4 Carbine
    MP5
    Remington 870 Shotgun
    M249 SAW squad automatic weapon
    M240B\G general purpose mg
    M2 Browning 50 cal crew serviced weapon
    MK19 Grenade Launcher crew serviced weapon
    Javelin guided anti-tank missile (man portable)
    Stinger anti-air missile (man portable, preferable short range variant so spamming wouldn't be an issue)
    SRAW guided short range assault weapon
    AT4 rocket propelled grenade
    M24 SWS sniper weapon system
    M21 or SR25 or M110 automatic SWS
    M82 Barret anti-material rifle

Eighteen. That's just one faction and not even including equipment, explosives, grenades and weapon add-ons (under barrel launchers) So I doubt that's accurate :laugh:

@Wolf
    What's D3, did u mean Doom 4?
    Yea I am for the full vehicular BF experience as well, though it must be properly balanced this time. IMO all that's needed to balance the bomber domination would be a short range anti-air missile in one of the classes.

Also we must realise that we can't expect DICE to nerf any and everything we find to be a tough challenge in the game. Certain aspects like aircraft do dominate, and the thrill is in avoiding while trying take them out. This same logic can be applied to almost every other challenging area of the game, about which people generally whine.

@Minmaster
    European Union (EU) vs Russian Federation (RF) would be interesting. European river villages, alpine forests and mountain ranges.
    US Army vs Chinese PLA. Jungle islands, bustling city metropolis' or heavy industrial areas.
    An interesting take would be naval combat. Instead of the Titan, we'd have aircraft carrier on a water map. With submarines, frigates and cruisers for attack. The objective being to sink the carrier either by boarding or bombardment. Boarding would play out like a typical titan match. Bombardment would be from aircraft, submarines, frigates and cruisers. Of course, this would be too much to ask for an initial release, but it would make an excellent expansion pack woudn't it? :nod:
    Despite my euphoria the middle eastern setting is probable. Middle eastern cities, dune battles, Kubra dam and Sharqi peninsula (:P).

On a general note about colour palette. I hope it's something like BF1943, that game just looks stunning! Its certainly a pleasant atmosphere in which to play. Something which I wouldn't like to see is COD4MW type palette where everything is dull browns, greys and greens. This type of dull palette is completely and utterly everywhere in the gaming industry lately. Whilst BF1943 and BFBC2 looks refreshingly filled with life. :thumbsup:

Leave a comment:

• Numptie
    replied

Originally posted by garandx
    BF3 Factions:

Eskimos and Amazon warriors. There ya go, new factions.
    That would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• garandx
    replied

BF3 Factions:

Eskimos and Amazon warriors. There ya go, new factions.

Leave a comment:

• RangerXML
    replied

Originally posted by Minmaster
    lol they got tricked with the PDF from 07. like i said earlier when i posted the PDF specs, i still think there's a chance the specs are accurate with the exception of the date (obviously). i hope not though, i don't want the desert setting and i am SO SICK of fighting with Arabs.
    You can always fight dem der Chenese!

I don't care who I fight as long as there are player controlled jets and helos over head covering my ***.

Leave a comment:

• Minmaster
    replied

lol they got tricked with the PDF from 07. like i said earlier when i posted the PDF specs, i still think there's a chance the specs are accurate with the exception of the date (obviously). i hope not though, i don't want the desert setting and i am SO SICK of fighting with Arabs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X