X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShadowX8001
    replied
    Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed

Did anyone really think they weren't workin on it?

Leave a comment:

• Wizrdwarts
    replied

Originally posted by fs164
    Finally some confirmed information

And there is some more: http://techfragments.com/news/881/Ga...ad_On_Way.html
    Any source for those facts, or are you just reading the "leaked pdf"?

Leave a comment:

• RangerXML
    replied

Originally posted by fs164

And I know that info was posted a few pages back.

Originally posted by garandx
    Just for Kicks, what the hell.

A site called Tech Fragments claims to have some additional information on Battlefield 3 stating they have been tipped off it will support 40 players, 24 vehicles, and 17 weapons with unlocks. They also seem to have heard it will be out in the 2010 holiday season with a free 1 map playable beta a few months before possibly in summer 2010. Thanks to Andy from VE3D for the tip.

We have also gotten information from a tipster that Battlefield 3 will be similar to Battlefield 2 and will support up to 40 players per team. There will also be 24 different vehicles that you can choose from and 17 different weapons. Like Battlefield 2, the game will also feature unlockable equipment.

So when will Battlefield 3 be released? The time isn't known but EA says not this year. We also heard that it would be the holiday season in 2010, however like with many of the other Battle field installments we'll probably get an early one map beta that can be played free a few months before. We're speculating that we'll see a Battlefield 3 Beta download in the Summer of 2010. However, nobody knows for sure.

BF3 PDF.

* Release in late 2008
    * Powered by “Frostbite DX”
    * Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
    * Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
    * Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
    * Same “ticket-based” gameplay style as before
    * Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
    * Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
    * Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
    * Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
    * Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
    * Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
    * Possible public beta in “Summer 2008″
    * Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
    * “Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
    * Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
    * In-game replay and recording feature
    * VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
    * Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
    * Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)
    * Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.

Leave a comment:

• Oxbacka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• troybob
    replied

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy
    I really hope they will absolutely max it out, push it all the way, I want maximum detail!

I hope that the currently best hardware will run it well on medium but the the max setting will require future cards/cpus.
    I just hope they make it as fun as 1942 was.

Give us back our artillery! Stop letting the "commander" see where everyone is. Let us move the ships!

I don't care about graphics - in fact I think expectations like yours is why PC gaming is dying. No one would buy a game if they needed to invest another thousand bucks in hardware just to get it to look nice.

Leave a comment:

• Crandaddy
    replied

Was there not recently and article from EA/Dice about them converting an engine from DirectX 10.1 to DirectX 11 (and that it was not hard for them?)

BF3 = DirectX 11

EDIT: Was/Is it Direct3D 11?

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
    great news but sad news in the sense that we as PC gamers will be limited to the technical specs of the consoles because i certainly dont see DICE developing a PC exclusive ever again.
    Sad... but mostly true. :cry:

Leave a comment:

• *FMJ*Power
    replied

great news but sad news in the sense that we as PC gamers will be limited to the technical specs of the consoles because i certainly dont see DICE developing a PC exclusive ever again.

Leave a comment:

• ThatEvilGuy
    replied

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
    I wonder if Bf3 will look like BC2? I mean on the PC you can go all out. I like seeing little details in games like on the weapons, walls , tress, etc. By then I think the Frostbite engine would have evolved even further.
    I really hope they will absolutely max it out, push it all the way, I want maximum detail!

I hope that the currently best hardware will run it well on medium but the the max setting will require future cards/cpus.

Leave a comment:

• =98=
    replied

Originally posted by Manzi
    Oh whats this you say?
    Ooh, it's the lesser spotted BF3 subforum!

Leave a comment:

• Elxx
    replied

Originally posted by Manzi
    Oh whats this you say?
    Oh dear, it seems to be the oft-requested Battlefield 3 forum. Jolly good, old chap. Let us ride into the sunset as heroes. Ahoy.

Leave a comment:

• MrKLM
    replied

Oh whats this you say?

Leave a comment:

• iQue
    replied

Piiiiireeeeeeelliiiiiiiii

Leave a comment:

• =98=
    replied

What I was replying to was the statement that 8GB would be a minimum. They won't make a game where even 4GB minimum RAM is needed because it would effectively wipe out the 32bit segment of the market.

If you don't understand what I mean, research the IRQ RAM limiting issue with 32bit operating systems.

Leave a comment:

• RangerXML
    replied

Dude, I think the Alex98UK is kinda a dead give away. (j/k)

Leave a comment:

• Levente
    replied

dude where do u live, memories are very cheap now. :salute:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X