Battlefield 3 Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed

i wonder how long it's been in development.

i wonder if those leaked "spec sheets" that was circulating on the web back year and a half ago was the real thing.

* Release in late 2008
    * Powered by "Frostbite DX"
    * Set in year modern day
    * Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
    * Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
    * Same "ticket-based" gameplay style as before
    * Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
    * Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are "Battalions" which consist of three to four squads.
    * Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
    * Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
    * Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
    * Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
    * Possible public beta in "Summer 2008?
    * Online stats tracking, awards and "real world ranks"
    * "Soldier" feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
    * Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships
    * In-game replay and recording feature
    * VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and "extensive clan support"
    * Built-in auto software updater
    * Windows Vista and OS X
    * Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.
    except for the date, i think it could actually be the real thing, no? and they never came out and denied this particular document, saying “We don’t comment on rumors or speculation. Currently announced titles from DICE are Battlefield Bad Company and Mirror’s Edge, you’ll hear from us officially as soon as we have anything further to announce. For any future announcements regarding Battlefield keep an eye on battlefield.com” which makes it seem like it could be.

well they sure got a lot on their plates. whether they will deliver this many quality titles, we'll see.

i wonder if DICE/EA wanted to keep this from being public for a longer time because of the fear PC guys will pass over 1943 and BC2 for BF3, which likely is the PC BF game in the flavor of the previous BF games, unlike the consolized 1943 and BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      w0000000t!!!!!
      It's Talus! :wee:

Comment

Man I hope this game is PC only.

Comment

Originally posted by ebevan_91
          AA3 comes out in 7 days!
          Pre-load on stem now!

Comment

*Head Explodes*

Im sure the guys at Dice are thrilled by this getting out, really the last thing they need right now.

Its Exactly what i need though LOL.

Comment

Nah I don't think he got confused. I mean why would he say BF3 then. If BF3 wasn't in development, he would not say it. Hopefully DICE will announce the game officially.

Comment

Originally posted by thejeran
                Pre-load on stem now!
                Already got 20% done lol.

Comment

* in a semi-enthusiastic voice

Whoo-hoooo BF3 I will believe it when I see it!!

Comment

wow, if that turns out to be true that is AMAZING!!!!

I think we should expect the official answer from DICE since this news is spreading everywhere!

I hope it's a proper sequel to BF2 and will be a PC exclusive.

Comment

I think a cautiously optimistic approach is best, until an "official" statement is made. The COO could've mis-spoke, or the blogger may have been incorrect in what he heard or wrote.

I have no doubt that BF3 is coming eventually, so although this surprises me a bit that it may be further along and may show up sooner than I thought, overall, it doesn't shock me to hear about it.

Hopefully it is indeed true.

Comment

OMFG!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

YAY!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Watch the release date be June 25th 2010!!! Five year anniversary!

Comment

There are no words to express how happy I am feeling at this current moment in time so instead I shall replace the long paragraph I was going to write with this smiley:

:yay:

Comment

SHOW ME THE BF3 !!!

:beer:arty:

6-10-09 @ 21:20 = Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 271 (48 members and 223 guests):shock:

Comment

Re: Battlefield 3 In Development

Originally posted by troybob
                              I think he got it confused. He mentioned that it is not being released in the fiscal year. Neither is BC2.

I hope I'm wrong but it's not like a COO to slip up like that. Publisher COO's usually don't know the difference in names for products that studios are developing.

Not that COO's are dumb - its just that EA has a lot of studios that they publish for and I'm sure he remembers BF3 easier than BC2

Or maybe he's a BF2 fan and he wanted to stir the waters to show his support for the PC gamers (not)
                              He's the Chief Operations Officer for Electronic Arts... What the hell do guys think he does all day?

The sole purpose of his job is operations... Product... That's what they do: make and sell games. He reports directly to the President/CEO and Board of Directors on what it is that the company is doing.

Battlefield is one of EA's most successful franchises. He knows what's going on... It's his job to know what's going on.

What isn't his job, is marketing strategy.

Hens his slip up.

BF3 is now official, no matter how much they try to cover this up.

Comment

Time to start saving for a new computer....

Comment

Working...
                                X