Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I_M_Weasel0r
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone seen the BBC Movie "Bravo 2-0"?

I'd take the "facts" in B20 with a pinch of salt, still its an entertaining book and film.

Leave a comment:

• Jemme101
    Guest replied

Welcome to 1999 (BTZ) or 1981 (Das Boot) , I must be getting old I guess

And its Bravo Two Zero

Both Das Boot and Bravo Two Zero are based on true stories btw.

Leave a comment:

• JamboKaos87
    Guest replied

Yes it stars Sean Bean as the lead character, and was incredibly exciting

Leave a comment:

• Cap`N Hagen
    Guest replied

Originally posted by PrayingHands
    Bravo 2-0 is a great movie made by the BBC about a special forces unit on a mission in Iraq during the "desert storm" war. The movie is better than most hollywood type flicks like this because the attention to detail.

My favorite part of the movie was the british SF squad(call sign: Bravo 2-0) attacking a force at least 3 times larger with an APC. Fantastic scene, and the tactic they employed made sense when facing overwhelming odds. I won't spoil any of it for those that haven't seen it.

Recommended(netflix has it).

A great[but very long] WW2 German U-boat movie is "Das Boot"(The boat). This movie is as much a history lesson as movie. Fantastic detail, and one of the movies that pioneered "Steady-Cam" uncut long shots. Many shots moving from one end of the U-boat to the other uncut through the hatches. I recommend watching it in German with english Subs.
    Didn`t know there was one. Read the book years ago.

Leave a comment:

• PrayingHands
    Guest started a topic Anyone seen the BBC Movie "Bravo 2-0"?

Anyone seen the BBC Movie "Bravo 2-0"?

Bravo 2-0 is a great movie made by the BBC about a special forces unit on a mission in Iraq during the "desert storm" war. The movie is better than most hollywood type flicks like this because the attention to detail.

My favorite part of the movie was the british SF squad(call sign: Bravo 2-0) attacking a force at least 3 times larger with an APC. Fantastic scene, and the tactic they employed made sense when facing overwhelming odds. I won't spoil any of it for those that haven't seen it.

Recommended(netflix has it).

A great[but very long] WW2 German U-boat movie is "Das Boot"(The boat). This movie is as much a history lesson as movie. Fantastic detail, and one of the movies that pioneered "Steady-Cam" uncut long shots. Many shots moving from one end of the U-boat to the other uncut through the hatches. I recommend watching it in German with english Subs.
Working...
X