Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Release] RingMasTeR's Word - Custom Localization Files (3/16/06)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Release] RingMasTeR's Word - Custom Localization Files (3/16/06)

Thanks RingMaster, yeah I actually got the files now. Filefront is very slow for me, no wait on their servers, not sure if it's my firewall or Firefox, or just because I'm all the way across the pond from the distribution servers.

Anyway, sorted now! Going for a game to check them out! Also, I'm gonna watch some ep's of Naruto and Bleach later, they look really cool, thanks for the tip

Comment

I think Filefront just had some major maintenance done to their site, so perhaps it will get better as far as speed. Glad you got it sorted.

Enjoy those eps, I'm really digging Bleach right now. Too bad they aren't releasing a new one till later in May and I'm almost caught up to the current episode (ep 77). :| Naruto is mostly good for the first 140 eps... then its boring filler stuff. :|

Comment

i like my custom localization files much better. I have edited the text at the top when someone is killed to say "Player1 killed the enemy Player2 with a weapon"
        instead of the "Player1(Weapon)Player2" plus i also the important things highlighted like player names, and instead of it saying no more when you kill yourself, it says "Player has embarrassed himself" still good work on these files though

Comment

That's the great thing about them... you can change them to say exactly what you want them to say. Even using mine or Salad's versions, for the highlights, you can change the killmessages to whatever you want and keep the highlights for example. So much you can customize. So little time.

Comment

I think I know the answer to this from Salad's thread, but is it possible to make the text smaller? All text, smaller by one setting, that'd be really nice.

In regard to your localisation files though, they're excellent! I love them because it highlights the important events clearly, who you killed and/or who killed you is much more prominent.

Comment

Ring, these are the types of changes that can warrant a section in the Customized File Download in my new tutorial. If you'd be interested in being mentioned there (with download links, and a link to this thread for info), please do contact me on AIM/MSN, and we'll atlk further.

~Salad

Comment

Nice work Ring, only just started playing again since I released that stuff before, nice to see it is useful to somebody!

Comment

Heya Crowned! Wb to the game. The work you did on your release went a long way in helping me "fill in a few blanks" with my release, so yes, it was useful, and I appreiciate it. Thanks for the compliment and thanks again for the work you did on your own release. :salute:

Comment

Salad's is just better.

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                      Salad's is just better.
                      Are you asking for a link to Salad's files or just padding your postcount?

Great feedback though! Use less word's next time please, that was alot to take in.

Two words I want you to learn before next class are: constructive criticism.
                      When you learn them, feel free to come back and tell me how much my files suck. I thank you for your comment and your bump anyhow, Good Day Sir!

Comment

he is prolly just padding

i will def be using these man, i just have to get back on my own comp with BF2, getting a new 7900 Gt ATM

Comment

I've been waiting and watching for this but somehow missed it until today, Thanks for the edited localized files - to all who have worked on the project - great work. :nod:

Comment

This is what I love about other games, the edit-ability, the customisation, such as (in my exerience) Day of Defeat Source, where I edited my HUD exactly how I wanted it. I changed colours, moved parts of the interface around to where I wanted them on screen, reshaped them, removed bits, changed font/font size, for a start.

I wish BF2 was more interactive like that. I know we're lucky to even get away with edited anything, for fear of PB picking it up as a hack.

Comment

Working...
                            X