disabling VOIP can boost FPS dramatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disabling VOIP can boost FPS dramatically

I have a 2.8 ghz, 1 gig RAM, Radeon 9800 pro system, and my frame rate was boosted quite dramatically by simply disabling VOIP. Dunno what's up, but if you have frame rate probs, you might want to try this. Seems like fewer and fewer people are using VOIP these days so it's not a big sacrifice.

Re: disabling VOIP can boost FPS dramatically

Yes either no one uses it, or its always dissabled or doesnt work right. Seems like a good idea I am going to try that out and see if it makes dramatic changes to FPS. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I always got connection problems when using VOIP, so i disabled it. No matter, when i really care about playing i'm on TS with my buddies anyway.

Much less chance of an annoying little kid "OMG, i jsut shot him twice with my pistol, and he shot once with an M16 an killed me? HACK!!!"

Comment

Only really gives a huge boost on lower end systems (duh) but still can gain 5+ fps from disabling it even on my FX57 nvidia7800 system ... quite amazing how they implement something into the game that take so much damn resources and cpu power up.

A really good thing for those who are on the lower end of the cpu scale i think.

Comment

I have tried this in the past and have gained no FPS whatsoever.

I'm always on the lookout for a performance booster

Let's hope v1.03 is just what we're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
            I'm always on the lookout for a performance booster
            I give my PC performance-enhancing drugs.

Comment

I have a decent PC and video card, so no need to go disabling stuff. Voip, when used correctly, really enhances the gameplay.

Comment

Working...
              X