Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 64-bit Battlefield 2

Originally posted by Dr-X
    The new Vista will also be available in 64bit. But as I said, it's pointless. It makes pretty much NO difference with todays hardware. It will be an excellent move in a year or two, but for now, it's just pointless.
    but still its better to have 64bit than a 32. your just gonna have to upgrade in a year or 2

Comment

can you upgrade your XP Pro to x64 for free?

Comment

Originally posted by alkajazz
        can you upgrade your XP Pro to x64 for free?
        No. The offer ended July 31.

Comment

I stand corrected, Far Cry was not a good example. There are other games like Chronicles of Riddick that take advantage of the 64-bit platform, but since I didn't make the 64-bit implementation of this game either, I can't say the visual improvements are due to true 64-bit processing. From a general programming point of view 64-bit environment offers a great improvement over 32-bit; increased memory space, additional CPU registers and cache control instructions to mentioned some technical aspects and game designers get access to new development tools and possiblities that will bring us visually superior games vs. 32-bit environment. Well, I realize I'm getting off any BF2 related topic now, so I'll stop before I you all fall asleep.

Comment

BattleField 64 would be preety cool for N64 ^^

Anyway, they have to release a 64 bit version of BF2, like 40% of people now have 64 bit processors!

Comment

It would increase draw distance for sure in bf2

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbear_Nor1389
                I stand corrected, Far Cry was not a good example. There are other games like Chronicles of Riddick that take advantage of the 64-bit platform
                Chronicles of Riddick had a 64-bit executable, but it was basically just a port to 64bit, so again, saw no difference in the processor.

Originally posted by }GC{blastokid
                BattleField 64 would be preety cool for N64 ^^

Anyway, they have to release a 64 bit version of BF2, like 40% of people now have 64 bit processors!
                But like I said, it wouldnt make any difference. It plays just fine on 64bit CPU's as is.

Comment

I was gonna move over to a dual core system this autumn with twin graphic cards, i usually build myself a new rig coming into every other winter, but I don't think i'll bother spending in excess of a grand and half this year and will by an xbox360 instead, 280 quid and it eats alive any dual core pc system I could buy and build..

Comment

Well, the 360 may be a strong system (though dont believe all the hype - history has taught us better), but an xbox sure as shit cant do all the things a good PC can. I'd like to see you decode and burn a DVD on your 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr-X
                      Well, the 360 may be a strong system (though dont believe all the hype - history has taught us better), but an xbox sure as shit cant do all the things a good PC can. I'd like to see you decode and burn a DVD on your 360.
                      u can do that on a shit PC I dont think ppl are not gonna buy it becasue it cant burn dvds

Comment

Originally posted by dazzy
                        u can do that on a shit PC I dont think ppl are not gonna buy it becasue it cant burn dvds
                        I think you need to re-read the post buddy.

Comment

Working...
                        X