Ingame Freezing after 5 secs-5 mins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingame Freezing after 5 secs-5 mins

Well its in the title.. Its really weird, i have tried with very low settings, and very high settings and both things happen.. It just complelety freezes..

I goto Multiplayer.. Start the server and Spawn.. Then like Half of the time i start walking then it just freezes, doesnt restart. nothing..

A few other times it has gone for longer, then once again randomly freezes.. I dont think im overheating as i play over games for AGES.. and leave my pc on for Days- Week without restarting and its fine

PC Specs:
    AMD 64 3000+
    Nvidia 6600gt
    1gb PC3200 Ram
    200gb HDD

Any ideas? really appreicated

Re: Ingame Freezing after 5 secs-5 mins

what version drivers do u have? I would start thinking about taking a stick of 512mb out of ur PC that usualy helps. could be the new drivers

Comment

I think i might try Omega Drivers or something similar..

Comment

Same exact thing here .6600GT , 1 gig ram , updated drivers , reinstalled 5 times. It just started it yesterday , I've been able to play for awhile now , but yesterday , when I went into a server ....freeze .

I'm stumped.

Comment

If it were me, I would download the most recent motherboard drivers, directX 9C, sound drivers and vid drivers and place them in a folder somewhere.

I would then uninstall the sound drivers and vid drivers rebooting between each one and not letting windows install upon detection.

Run a video driver cleaning unitlty like DriverCleaner. Next, install the motherboard drivers over the current ones. Then install DirectX 9C. Following that, install the video drivers and after rebooting install the sound drivers.

If this doesn't solve your freezing, I would suspect your power supply is inadequate or failing.

Comment

I don't think it would be my powersupply.. But ill try what you said Shamus. Ty

Comment

I updated my motherboard drivers , and so far , all is well .

Comment

Originally posted by Festus_Hagen
                I updated my motherboard drivers , and so far , all is well .
                That's great news. Here to hoping...

Comment

Nothing wil fix it. I tried all that, drivers etc. Its not your computer, memory PS, MOBO. Its the game, BF2, Punkbuster and DICE. I got an email from PunkBuster today. If you have any drivers associated with IOMEGA (zip drives etc) they have a patch. Some kind of memory loop problem. Nothing else works. My system is tight. Its the poor game writing.

Comment

Well, i reformatted my PC.. I load up BF2 without the latest Video Drivers and BF2 is patched to 1.2 and it actually ran for about 5 mins!! Then i try update the Video Drivers.. and as soon as i get in the game.. Freeze.. **** im pissed

Comment

From viewing other forums there appear to be two problem areas causing the freezes / crashes.
                      1) System problems
                      2) Punkbuster

I am able to play fine on single player or on a non-PB server. However if I join a PB server, my system completely freezes either straight after the kit/squad menu is loaded, or after about 10 minutes.

I have tried updating motherboard and video drivers to no avail.

If you can isolate the problem to punkbuster, there are some suggestions on their website. Unfortuantely, I have not had any success so far.

Regards,
                      Habu

Comment

Wow.. I had like a real surprise just before, i did the Punkbuster Patch thing in my PB directory under the BF2 Parent Dir.. and it played fine for about 20mins!! Then.. Froze... I think the problem is punkbuster

Comment

Ok.. This is really getting frustrating..I tried to run BF2 Again, and after 5 seconds.. It FREEZES AGAIN!! I give up, i really want to play this game, but its pissing me off...

Comment

Do you have any IOMEGA products installed? ZIP drive, DVD player (IOMEGA), or a 6 in1 or 7 in 1 floppy reader? PUNKBUSTER TECH says they are causing problems too.
                            Check some other posts on cleaning video drivers and get www.drivercleaner.net, uninstall per instructions, then reinstall.

Comment

I dont think i have any IOMEGA Products.. Defentally no Zip Drive, but i will try use DriverCleaner and see if anything is uninstalled. But im pretty sure the problem is PunkBuster

Comment

Working...
                              X