Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading Back-ups from EA Downloader

Here is a good thread for where to find your files and the crap EA is doing

I originally purchased BF2142 through EA downloader last year and did not have my files backed-up. Here is how I just discovered to download BF2142 when it is already installed on your system. It would only give me the option to "play" through EADM even after I renamed the file folder. I'm sure it will work for other games purchased through EA Downloader. Hope you can understand this.

I also had the {#############} cache file renamed to {############_#}, just added an underscore.

Stop EADM if it is running

Run Regedit

Navigate to My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts

Right-Click on EA GAMES

choose "Export", pick a name and save location.

Right-Click and "Delete" EA GAMES.

Restart EADM

Download BF2142 :yay:

Navigate to where you saved the registry entry, double click and merge it back into the registry, and BF2142 works fine!

EDIT: Merge it after the download is complete or you will have an .enc file and EADM will just have the option to "play". I had to delete the registry key again to have the option to "decrypt" the file. After that I had the 2142_na folder with the setup.exe file

Hope this helps anyone out there, ADMINS: Please sticky. I think this is useful. Also, please move it to the support section. I posted in the wrong one, sorry

My problem is that ever since EA Link became EA Downloader I don't have my Northern Strike that I bought!
    @ EA

Comment

If you download EA Download Manager, it will have all your old games from EA Link. The purchase dates been rest to the date that EA Download Manager went online, thank god for small favors. As mentioned there have been several ways discovered to re download and back up your games and booster files. I hope EA gives into Steam for the rights of there games and transfers ownership over.

Comment

Well Steam has its downs too, for example, they gave wrong serial keys to a lot of people who bought Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts.

Comment

Working...
        X