What's the diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the diff?

Does anyone know what causes one's in-game name to be larger/bolder/different colour than others?

Its a code that you put in the Clantag box I think.

Comment

I'm a little weary of using the term "name hack" but a person has definitely gone outside of the game to do so. It should be noted that this is not allowed by the RoC. (you're not supposed to be editing game files, and I'm told that's how it's done) Occasionally, I see people kicked or even banned from servers for it.

Comment

Yeah I can see how it would be frowned upon. At first, it was actually distracting. The thought that it was possibly an EA/DICE member crossed my mind. It would be neat to decifer between them and us

Comment

Originally posted by TheJacl View Post
          Yeah I can see how it would be frowned upon. At first, it was actually distracting. The thought that it was possibly an EA/DICE member crossed my mind. It would be neat to decifer between them and us
          Dice players will have [DICE] in the clan tag. As for EA not sure but i do remember seeing [EAUL] in the N.S beta.

Comment

people will use orange or large text in game when they feel they need attention that they can't get anywhere else or any other way. i assume they're trying to compensate for something.

Comment

I think EA consider it an exploit so i wouldnt try it.

Comment

orange names and big ones just scream "knife me, Knife me please" lol

:laugh:

Comment

Every time someone with an orange name comes on my server something is always fishy. Seen it too many times. So whenever mr orange name comes to my server i immediately show them the way out. Sorry to the people with just an orange name, but in my experience they are doing alot more than just changing the color of their name.

Comment

IMO if someone uses the orange name tags which are seen as exploits, it means they will quite happily exploit any other way and so its a ban.

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx View Post
                      orange names and big ones just scream "knife me, Knife me please" lol

:laugh:
                      so true!! i will always assign a higher tag priority to people using the name sploits!

Comment

Those orange tags have shown me that sometimes a kickvote actually works.

Comment

I'm an admin myself and I will kick anyone using any form of name altering scripts/codes/whatever. They probably are using more then "just" the name tag thing. I kicked a guy called [haXx] Vossy because he was running around with a fishy name.

Comment

Working...
                          X