Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the deal with the new sniper decoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh well thanks for this thread, i was going to actually make one because i couldn't figure it out. Now i'll for sure get it as my next unlock

Comment

I play with a R/L fried who likes support, I place the decoy, he covers it, and racks up the kill, meanwhile I get to snipe unmolested. You should see the way players react when they run up to a 'sniper' with their knife out, and a Support opens up with his clark

Comment

Originally posted by QuestionDogs View Post
        I play with a R/L fried who likes support, I place the decoy, he covers it, and racks up the kill, meanwhile I get to snipe unmolested. You should see the way players react when they run up to a 'sniper' with their knife out, and a Support opens up with his clark
        win

Comment

LOL I could get into that- Any of you sniper-types want back-up sometime, let me know- Me likee my Clarkee.

Comment

Re: Whats the deal with the new sniper decoy?

Got this unlock today, and I have problems using it. I am not sure if it works or not. Players are able to locate me without problems (get a shot in without missing). A few questions...curious if all does the same on BF2142, and not only Northern Strike? Does it have to be with the sniper weapon only? How well while cloaked?

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
              Tag hunting is ten times more profitable on Conquest mode. You can do a bit of tagging on a Titan, but seriously, APMs and/or RDX will help you alot more...
              true dat fingulfin! it's much easier to get more tags in a shorter period of time. i have used the decoy for knifing tens of thousands of people, mostly on conquest. you just have to be sure to stay within its radius or pick it up & move it if you are moving away. it's funny when you see someone walk over to it & look around like "where are you? i see your little red dot on my map, but there's nobody he__ [knifed in back]. you can get a lot in titan, but the rounds take so long. it's not worth the wait UNLESS you are just starting out and need as much time as possible in one round to earn a badge.

Comment

every time ive used it it's been epic fail

i prefer sneaking arround with an assault rifle anyway, non of these silly gadgets, just sharp eyes, fast legs and the fact that you dissapear from ids on a ladder

Comment

Originally posted by QuestionDogs View Post
                  Nice

I've gotta try that.

Comment

I have been playing Sniper and using the ghost in my last few days playing.

I like to stay off the radar so I slip one of these down in a corner and then put an APM on top of it. I love it when you'll be happily sniping and there's a swarm of enemie's looking for you in the wrong place. If your lucky you can take down 3-4 of them using your grenades before one of them sets it off.

Another tip - If your sniping within 60m of a fuel crate. Put your ghost on top of the crate. Twice now I've had people searching for me, finding the ghost and then shooting at it - blowing themselves to smithereens.

Another tip - Camp G No Vehicles. Unless your in a well co-ordinated squad, breaking out from Camp G without the walker or FAVs can be hard and frustrating. Try equipping Ghost and active camo. Spawn, activate camo and run up the beach as far east as possible. As you approach the ladders to the east of harbour. Run up to the first ladder and drop your ghost. The EU have almost definantly got UAV scans running so they assume that a PAC is about to come up the ladder. Hug the wall and run up to the second ladder. If you make it past the ladder without being noticed activate camo and head down into the map. This works most every time for me.

Comment

hi,
                      In the previous version the bow generally took 2 hits to kill. That made a sniper's job fairly difficult because, althought they could often get a first hit in without any problem, the moment their opponent took the damage they would dive into cover, start dodging, or return fire. Now with headshots one hit often kills and so the sniper will not have to worry. This is especially powerful for backsnipers. One simply has to stand next to a door, let the person go past, carefully aim and bang. Saying that snipers are very easily avoided is a bit of a simplification. Take early, a sniper in the labs is not avoidable. A decent sniper who listens to footsteps can easily tell which lab entrance his opponent is going to enter through and be ready to blow his head off as soon as it appears.
                      On deep, snipers on the stairs reduce the number of entrances into the labs to just one (I think). This drastically handicaps offence and forces attackers to take extensive detours.

Comment

lolwut?

Comment

Working...
                        X