Lost 'say' and 'say_team'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 'say' and 'say_team'

In CSCZ I did a bind for 'say' and then unbind since I decided to switch back to my usual key for 'say'. It was 't'. However, now I cannot bind 'say' to anything. I've tried while logged on to a public server and also while in my single user game. I cannot bind 'say', nor 'say_team' to anything. The commands both work in the console. I have checked the default config.cfg file and it does have the correct bind for 't' being 'say'. I also created a userconfig.cfg file which executes at the bottom of the default .cfg file which binds it again. None of this has worked. Anyone know how I can fix this??

Thanks in advance!

Re: Lost 'say' and 'say_team'

Well, just by looking at my brother's config.cfg file, you should be binding:
    bind "t" "impulse 201"
    bind "u" "messagemode2"
    Dunno if that's the correct setup, but try it out. You can always search for other config.cfg files with google.

Comment

Re: Lost 'say' and 'say_team'

Technically impulse201 works, heralding back to the original half-life command for typing, but the "official" CS binding would be as follows:

bind "u" "messagemode2"
      bind "y" "messagemode"

...which binds Y to say and U to say_team--adjust according to your needs.

[For reference, "say" and "say_team" are used for running a specific say command which is bindable. Thus you can bind "say_team RUSH LEFT!" to a key to give a quick command to your team without having to type it every time. The messagemode commands are used to bring up the prompt for input, though.]

Comment

Working...
      X