Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre cache, pre load, wahtever it is! help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre cache, pre load, wahtever it is! help!

hey guys!

long time no speak!

I have a question the is about the performance of CS:S.

Okay, whenever i load a map it takes a bit of time to load the first time and 5 seconds to load the second time, thats normal since it saves on my ram right?

but when i close the game or restart the PC and load the map, it takes ages again!

Is there a way to permanently pre load the map and stuff i want so they load faster?

thanks!

No. RAM resets on system shutdown.

Comment

i know that. i was just wondering wthere there was a program that saved the already loaded maps for future use.

That would be a usefull program!

Comment

Windows Vista has the capability of storing frequently used files and software on a fast type of Flash drive for quick loading, which may speed up the way Steam works. There are performance losses to be had with Vista too, however.

Comment

Hmm, doesn't suspend (or is it hybernate?) keep a backup of whatever is loaded in your RAM so it loads it up when you start your computer?

Comment

yeah somethine like that. Keep a permanent backup on my ram unless i want to remove it!

But it clears on restart.

So only vista can do that?

Comment

The feature in Vista is called Readyboost. Check out the Wiki for it.

Comment

Working...
              X