Whats the newest cs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the newest cs??

hey i was thinking about gettin cs but i dont know what the newest version is or where to get it

plz help!

For 'normal' CS (i.e., CS based on the old Half-Life engine), CS1.6 is the newest CS.
    Or alternatively, there is CS:Source (based on the new Half-Life 2 'Source' engine).

Bear in mind, officially it's not even possible to play an older version of CS anyway - once you install Steam (the program needed to run any games by Valve, e.g. CS), Steam will automatically update the game you try to play to the latest build (provided of course, that you have a valid CD-Key and account for the game). It is possible to play older versions of 'normal' CS via third-party mods, but none of those are offically supported, nor are they particularly played that much either.

Comment

yes he put that well but judgeing by your level of knowledge that might be a little confusing... so basicly the most common version and the version used by the pros at CPL is known as CS 1.6 this then there is Condition Zero which i will get to later and Source. CS Source is the most newest one but if your looking for the true counter strike play i recomend 1.6 but if u just want the best graphics and newest game that would be source. If u want my oppinion i would say to download steam (steampowered.com) an then use a credit card to buy CS 1.6 and Condition Zero since they come together for only 9.95!!! while Source is like 30 and you need a nice PC to play it.

Comment

This ones for you mxfreak92

[link="http://i10.tinypic.com/4bt0uix.jpg"]http://i10.tinypic.com/4bt0uix.jpg[/link]

Comment

what the hell was that for?

Comment

whoa. that pic in that website is weird. he's prbably thinking your uhhh...... weird mxfreak92

Comment

ignore the fact that it said douche on it.

Comment

Lol, James... I understand your sentiments completely...

Mxfreak, you are hilarious...

Comment

mxfreak92 wrote..
                  yes he put that well but judgeing by your level of knowledge that might be a little confusing... so basicly the most common version and the version used by the pros at CPL is known as CS 1.6 this then there is Condition Zero which i will get to later and Source. CS Source is the most newest one but if your looking for the true counter strike play i recomend 1.6 but if u just want the best graphics and newest game that would be source. If u want my oppinion i would say to download steam (steampowered.com) an then use a credit card to buy CS 1.6 and Condition Zero since they come together for only 9.95!!! while Source is like 30 and you need a nice PC to play it.
                  Hmmm, your english is not so good? And Counter-Strike: Source is 20$.
                  If you want Counter-Strike gameplay with slightly better graphics and bots, go for Counter-Strike Condition Zero. If you want good graphics and physics go for Counter-Strike: Source.

Comment

Working...
                  X