• Show
Clear All

• Future "Balance" Updates

Demize posted this on Battlelog:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4489491100463/
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Future "Balance" Updates

Some are good, some are bad and even if I participate in the discussion I know my voice will be lost.

Comment

Yes it's strange, they're buffing/nerfing things no one even mentionned. Increased damage between tanks, why?

But it's mostly good and I don't see any "wtf" things like nerfing the G3.

Comment

On they surface they seem Ok, but I became disillusioned when the last patch made me realize they were going to start again with their cycle of balance SNAFUs.
        e.g the last time they apparently boosted the AH enough to let a good pilot ruin the map and now its getting 4 nerfs at once

*Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
        *Using flares too early will no longer distract missiles fired at long range. The missile must be approaching the vehicle in order to reliably be distracted by flares.
        *Attack Helicopter Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
        *Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor.

They just seem unable to hit anything between "overpowered" and "useless", and in the end we would have been no worse of if they had done no balancing at all since the games release.

Comment

Yeah, DICE made a big deal about "micro patches" and yet dont do that. They talk about the hours and hours and hours they put in to balance everything and then they start making all these crazy changes. Leave stuff alone for a while. Let people figure out the weapons and how to use them. THEN make adjustments.

When all is said and done youre going to end up with the same weapon that is just reskinned.

Comment

Once again more lost faith in DICE's ability to balance a game.

Comment

I dont know, 2142 was pretty close minus the PK rockets and the late increase on that one shotgun.

I just hope they are really looking at hard data and not the comments on the boards. If they listemed to everyone then eventually everything will get touched at one point or another. It will never stop.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                Yeah, DICE made a big deal about "micro patches" and yet dont do that. They talk about the hours and hours and hours they put in to balance everything and then they start making all these crazy changes. Leave stuff alone for a while. Let people figure out the weapons and how to use them. THEN make adjustments.

When all is said and done youre going to end up with the same weapon that is just reskinned.
                Right! Wasn't this the whole crux of the Steam/Origin fiasco that started back with patching BC2? They could stream stuff just fine with Xbox/PS3, but when it came to having to deliver updates through steam, their was a fight about it. They used that leverage to get Origin shoved on everyone's box with the promise of quicker tweaks, updates, rollbacks.

Comment

I think its just the mentality. We have all these fixes, but lets hold on because these others are soooo close to being done. Then another is added and another and before you know it you have a 100MB patch, or whatever size.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    I think its just the mentality. We have all these fixes, but lets hold on because these others are soooo close to being done. Then another is added and another and before you know it you have a 100MB patch, or whatever size.
                    I am no fan of micropatches.
                    My department has been fighting for years to have developers deliver well-tested quarterly releases, instead of a constant stream of quick-fixes that end up causing new quick-fixes ad infinitum

It wastes everybody's time and costs precious downtime.

Emergency patches is another matter, but I don't think balancing qualifies for that title. Not even when its Demize doing the balancing

Comment

I think they really just need to look at how Valve does things. Both of these companies have large teams, and they can deligate a programer or two that will do the very minor tweaks that go in and the heavy lifting patch work goes to the back office that shows up every several weeks.

Comment

sounds like hand held stingers gets a buff.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                          I think they really just need to look at how Valve does things. Both of these companies have large teams, and they can deligate a programer or two that will do the very minor tweaks that go in and the heavy lifting patch work goes to the back office that shows up every several weeks.
                          Pffft id be happy if dice was half of valve lol

Comment

I would like stingers to get a bit of a buff, and the flares thing mentioned in the patch updates is good gives me a chance to take them fast air down.

Comment

The tank cannons needed a buff for hitting other tanks.

Tanks can just trade shots without ever dying if they've got a wrencher, It's retarded.
                              So can other armor vehicles.

Complaining about aircraft being one hit by tank shells? Come on. It's one of the most difficult things to do in the game and how it is now you can't even kill aircraft with a tank shell unless they were already hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X