Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't play BF2 online - don't get any servers listed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play BF2 online - don't get any servers listed?

Hello all,

I just installed a brand new/sealed BF2 Complete Battlefield Collection that I bought via ebay. I can't seem to play this online, however, I just don't get any servers showing up like I do for BF 1942. I created an online account via EA during the install process, which I select on BF2 start up - and it says it's an "active account" at the bottom of the BF2 splash screen. If I select the "multiplayer" button at the top, it says "updating sever list" but no servers actually come in to choose/play.

I'm running BF2 v 1.5.3153-802.0 (the cd installed/patched up to 1.4, then I downloaded/installed the 1.5 patch).

Anyone know what's going on and how I can play online?

Also, after I installed, I got desktop icons for:
    • Battlefield 2
    • Battlefield 2 Special Forces

But my cd also came with:
    • Armored Fury
    • Euro Force

I don't have those icons on my desktop, though, how do I play those?

Re: Can't play BF2 online - don't get any servers listed?

Originally posted by magenta placenta
    I'm running BF2 v 1.5.3153-802.0 (the cd installed/patched up to 1.4, then I downloaded/installed the 1.5 patch).
    You missed a patch. Due to the shotty patchwork they released, after you install "the complete collection", you need to install patch 1.41, then patch 1.5

Also, after I installed, I got desktop icons for:
    • Battlefield 2
    • Battlefield 2 Special Forces

But my cd also came with:
    • Armored Fury
    • Euro Force

I don't have those icons on my desktop, though, how do I play those?
    "AF" and "EF" are now included free with the 1.5 patch so there is no need to install those cd's when doing an install.
    AF and EF servers will now just show up in the regular BF2 server lists.
    The only way to know you are playing them is by knowing the map name:
    Armored Fury maps are: midnight sun, operation harvest, and operation road rage
    Euro Force maps are: Great Wall, Operation Smoke Screen, and Taraba Quarry.

For the best choice in finding servers, i recommend using qtracker. It makes it so much easier finding specific servers to play on like EF, AF, SF, different mods, maps, etc. After installing it I recommend deleting the stock BF2 filters and replacing them with my own filter pack. then head over to the forums and get walla's mapshot pack.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
    X