replied
    Re: 1 soldier per account = origin username

Origin = BF Facebook lol.

Just badly done.

Leave a comment:

• *FMJ*Power
    replied

you can even just reenter your serial numbers on a new account, it doesn't seem to record them, just makes sure they are real. same with BF2 and BF2142, just enter your log in info, you can do that for veteran status for any one or any account.......or just do a live chat and tell them your having trouble entering your info, they will unlock them all.

Leave a comment:

• Scinto
    replied

Originally posted by DunkinSPE
    The thought of having Origin running on my PC in the background just to play a game makes me queasy. Not to mention the pain in the neck it is to get EA to recognize that I have purchased previous versions of the game so i can have the Veteran status thingy.
    Steam = Origin

Contact EA Support the Chat Live, I've had Clan mates do it that way and there given Vet Status 8 even though they don't own all the titles.

Leave a comment:

• DunkinSPE
    replied

The thought of having Origin running on my PC in the background just to play a game makes me queasy. Not to mention the pain in the neck it is to get EA to recognize that I have purchased previous versions of the game so i can have the Veteran status thingy.

Leave a comment:

• Scinto
    replied

Originally posted by Nate79
    Though I'd like a different soldier name, I never had more than one soldier in BF2 or BC2, so 1 soldier is fine for me. Could some of you who had multiple soldiers explain what you liked about it?
    For BF2 I would create a new Soldier to piss around on the P+K Servers killing them all with a Gun. Also having a new soldier that no-one recognized was useful for checking up on one of your own Server's making sure your Admins were behaving.

And for BC2 reaching Level 50 was a alot easier than BF2 ranking, that coupled with the fact that my stats got messed up on my top rank account, so I created a new one. For shits & giggles for all the people seeing a Rank 1 with a high kdr screaming hacker.

Leave a comment:

• Nate79
    replied

Though I'd like a different soldier name, I never had more than one soldier in BF2 or BC2, so 1 soldier is fine for me. Could some of you who had multiple soldiers explain what you liked about it?

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Originally posted by John Carr
    I'm not giving anyone on the internet my social security #. If I need to, I'll uninstall Origin, reinstall, buy a new CDKEY and reinstall BF3 to get a new name. They can only stop you if you're a cheapskate, or broke!
    Now you can use a phone to change it. Skates posted up a link that shows that.

Which just shows how easy it is! I just dont understand this madness!

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• John Carr
    replied

I'm not giving anyone on the internet my social security #. If I need to, I'll uninstall Origin, reinstall, buy a new CDKEY and reinstall BF3 to get a new name. They can only stop you if you're a cheapskate, or broke!

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Yeah, I never understood what EA was trying to accomplish with all these IDs. When I log into the EA forums it pops up with like 10 different CptainCrunch's. I dont know why they insist that an Origin ID be the name and thats it. I can have all these profiles, but only one ID? The infrastructure is already there to make other profiles for the game.

My guess would be poor coding is causing this to be exact. Origin is already running, why does the ID have to match something that I am logging into already with Battlelog. The answer, its DRM.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• Basil.
    replied

You made a master ID in 2142 then you could make your solider. I think it was up to 5 soldiers you could make. I have 24 persona's and can't change my origin id. I had my username, then i changed my email and then origin started using my EAUK forums user ID.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy1
    replied

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
    Uhm... if you are a Veteran and bothered to update all of your info (and the REALLY confusing EA persona management) you should have reserved several names for your soldiers, as it started with BF2142; that's how I am Sethonan on Battlefield.

Just saying; I woul dhave thought dedicated fans would have bothered to go and reserve their soldier names or just make sure it was ported over as a Veteran soldier.

On the other hand, makes faking stats harder.
    I made my EA account in 2004. I was never told than in 7 years, the name I chose would become my BF3 in-game name.

And didn't BF2142 let you chose your solider name?

Leave a comment:

• Lordsethonan
    replied

Uhm... if you are a Veteran and bothered to update all of your info (and the REALLY confusing EA persona management) you should have reserved several names for your soldiers, as it started with BF2142; that's how I am Sethonan on Battlefield.

Just saying; I woul dhave thought dedicated fans would have bothered to go and reserve their soldier names or just make sure it was ported over as a Veteran soldier.

On the other hand, makes faking stats harder.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy1
    replied

It seems weird that they would take out such an obvious feature that has been around forever (like squad management).

Leave a comment:

• *FMJ*Power
    replied

Originally posted by Scinto
    From a Clan mate who Contacted EA Support trying to get his Master ID Changed.

So EA Supp hinted that it may be possible to create multiple Soldiers, saying that its already been said that we will only get 1 Soldier.

nice to hear, I suppose we can just wait and see. It would be very nice not to be forced to make multiple origin accounts.

FYI for anyone who hasn't bought, amazon has BF3 digital for $41....I canceled my D2D order for it.

Leave a comment:

• Scinto
    replied

Following on from this i finally got an e-mail from EA stating that they would not change my master ID since it wasn't within the guidelines...

Bear in mind that the guidelines have things like 'has put your social security number' and im like WTF why would anyone do that...

Anyway, having been lied to by the previous nights EA rep (no surprises) i decided to call them today. I spoke to a pleasant American sounding chap whom said he could change my master id afterall, but before i had it changed i asked the question on alot of peoples lips atm :

'When BF3 comes out will we be able to set up Soldiers with unique names and use them ingame ?'

His response was 'yes, only your platoon and friends will see your master ID name'

I got him to repeat it, decided NOT to change my master ID after all and look forward to 25th when we can set up a new soldier under our main master id (i.e. a persona) for using in all Origin launched titles. He did not however partake in letting me know HOW MANY new soldiers we can make...

He also stated that they did not implement this for the Beta for tech reasons, which i thought was a tad weird as i remember a post from Battlefield staff stating you could keep your soldier name for BF3 retail...
    From a Clan mate who Contacted EA Support trying to get his Master ID Changed.

So EA Supp hinted that it may be possible to create multiple Soldiers, saying that its already been said that we will only get 1 Soldier.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X